I need an RTV-X100C chainsaw tool box

garry

I need an RTV-X100C chainsaw tool box . I have built a a wooden box to carry my chainsaw, gasoline, oil, and a few misc tools. I carry it in the bed and it keeps the contents in place very well. However when I fill the rest of the bed with firewood I am not able to dump it without sending my tools into the wood pile. I would like to use the whole bed to haul firewood. I would love to hear some ideas about how others are carrying their chainsaw and tools. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Try an internet search for things like "atv chainsaw holder" and "atv gas can holder". You may be able to attach them to the front rack.
Another option may be to take a trailer storage box like what's pictured below and attach that to the front rack and put all your tools in that.
Myself, I just put the saw, gas and such on the passenger side floor when coming home with a full bed of firewood.

1642702420035.png

Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
You might consider a front carrier basket over the hood.

garry

I have a similar rack on the front of my RTV. Pic below.
I haven't seen where they make one (yet) for a RTV1100. Here's a link to similar racks but the 1100 isn't listed.
This is what I would like to have. I will probably have to build it myself. Thanks for the info and picture. Now I have a model.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Making one for your 1100, the biggest obstacle I see would be how to attach it near the windshield.

Just thought of something. How about a rack that mounts to your front draw bar. Something like this. It tilts up to keep it out of your way when not in use.
1642867645928.png

BiffNH

SUPER Site Supporter
While not a tool box that can carry all my chainsaw equipment, I did come up with the scabbards shown here. These allow me to have the chainsaws protected from bouncing around and easily accessible. I toss the other tools and supplies in the back and head to the work site. I unload the materials and fill the back with my cut wood. It does mean another trip back out to pick up the materials at the end of the day, but my property is only a bit more than 100 acres.

Attachments

• IMG_0679.JPG
    IMG_0679.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 55

4570FAN

I just added this toolbox to mine today. It is for a 90s S10 or Ranger with a step side bed. I've had it kicking around for 15 years, including a move. 20220424_192203.jpg

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Handy, and easy to take out if you need the entire bed. :thumb: