If one wants to drive “On Road” you should be in an “On Road” vehicle

ItBmine

Where I live there are signs on my rural road telling motorists to drive safely because it is a high recreational area with atv's, dirt bikes and snow mobiles.
We are even allowed to ride them on secondary highways. Just not the Trans Canada.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
hehehe, yes its a diff world we live in for sure.
No license , no plates. no registration, no insurance, no turn signals, no head lamp , no break lights,
But WE have to yield to them .. I call em Diaper Packers,, as some of them wear diapers so they dont have to stop and piss like the rest of us.
Runn up on a pack of them here.,. Blocking all lanes, cant pass . cant blow the horn ,. cant scream at them or they call the cops, And We are the bad people. LOL and those are the same people want to Defund the cops,.,.

Dont believe in guns or god but when something happens first thing they do is call someone with a gun (Cop) and Pray they get there fast enough to save their asses..

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Bota Fett and Doc both hit the nail-on-the-head as to my intent with this thread. (Please recall...this was not a thread I started, but is a “Split”-thread.)

It’s all about Safety, .... which would Include having lights and blinkers/flashers and SMV-signage and Yielding to other traffic if on a public road in an “Off Road” vehicle..... and Liability Insurance would be a good thing to have. (It’s one of the reasons to “Yield” to other traffic that unlicensed/un-insured vehicles have restrictions placed upon them while on public roadways.)

It’s my understanding that bicyclists are viewed similar as pedestrians in most states these days.... Similar to common maritime law.... self-propelled and non-motorised (i.e. sail) vehicles have right-of-way..... (exceptions exist as to large limited-navigational transport vehicles.)
Aviation has similar rules: Airplanes must yield to Balloons.... ultra-lights are not allowed to use public (controlled) airports, etc.. similar to off-road vehicles restricted from freeways.

Being Tolerant of others and COURTEOUS ..... whether you are operating the Off-Road Vehicle.... OR...if you are operating the licensed vehicle.

There is so much animosity these days and THAT is what drives the controversy....whether it’s on the road, in a public place OR on the Internet!. Parents once taught courtesy in-public and to strangers. It seems that being a Bully is the more popular thing today. (And by the way, if you believe in One God... the “g” should be capitalized... was also once taught.)

Last edited: