im back

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Good to see you back Tommy....Stay around and ashore awhile.....God bless.....Dennis

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks guys I have been doing all the road jobs for this company called yellow fin marine. in just 2 days I got 36 hours finally got a few hours off today but i'll be back on the road agin tomorrow.i check in with my phone but I couldn't sign in to post anything I tried the puter but it too wouldn't let me sign in so all I could do is read the post. the work down here is getting crazy Louisiana has the lowest unemployment rate in the country because of the oil field work. the drilling in the gulf is heating up so if any of you guys know anyone who needs work send them down here .they are hiring pretty for every job because everything trickles down right back to the oilfield. the more work they get the more they need people.welders work then they make more money so they spend it at stores so that makes the stores hire more people .lots of work really really lots of work.the boats and rigs have been running 24/7 so they need food fuel and repairs haven't seen it this bad sinse the 90's.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sounds like your area is doing very well. That's great news.

A couple tidbits I heard that are related.
A lot of natural gas lines are being constructed or proposed which will all end in your area. That should keep things booming there for quite some time.

Also heard there's an expected shortage of welders to the tune of 100,000. That's a lot of jobs for those willing to take on that trade.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Does Peanut know anyone interested in a welding job in FL ..Palm Beach I think. A member on FF's son has a shop making quality exhausts for high end cars and he is in need of a welder but can't pay a fortune. Can put you in contact if interested.

kobe

" Haven't seen it this bad Since"

Yo Peanut, nobody out here has a job anymore.
You mean " I haven't seen it this "GOOD" since ~~~~~

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
yea its good but I mean bad that we are short on welders and fitters.the ones that are working are getting worked to death.yes there are a lot of pipe welding jobs around right now. see a lot of welding rigs from out of state like texas and miss. as for the muffler job that would be a gravy jobs but I just can't leave south Louisiana to much good food I would starve in florida or go broke over nighting sacks of crawfish and crabs and shrimp.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
yea its good but I mean bad that we are short on welders and fitters.
That's because they're all up here in the North East putting in gas wells and lines. There's crews from the South all over the place up here. Actually, many up here are pissed since none of the locals are getting any of the work.

kobe

I wish ya hadn't started talking bout shrimp Peanut. I was trying to decide what to do tomorrow (Sunday) but now you got me craving shrimp. So I may have to take a trip to the coast~~~~~

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
So ... how's your sister getting along these days? ;)

my sister is workin for chevron right now.she's been hopping from platform to platform. she got the job after a company man was at the same restaurant she was at and heard her pass some gas. he got the idea that why pay all that money for a huge compressor to shoot pigs through the pipeline to clean them out.normally they have to empty out the coolers of all the food and transport it to the next platform or they send it to the dock to store it. but now they send my sister out to the platform about a week before it shuts down they let her go at the pantry then a few days later when she has turned all the food she ate into gas they put a pig in the pipeline then they hook up her rectum to the pipe and she lets loose with a mighty roar of gas. the platform rattles a bit and off the pig goes .

I had a medical scare not to long ago dis lady contacted me and said dat she havin mah baby. she splained to me who she be and it turned out to be a lady I had phone sex wit a few months back. I was about to send her some money to take care of mah baby but I figured I would get sum proof dat duh baby was mine first.i called up duh att people and day done one of dem call traces an it turned out dat duh baby wuzent mine .dat lady done had me on a three way call .duh att people told me she had duh uther guy on duh line first so duh baby had to be hiz not mine. boy wuz I reeleaved but den duh att person went and dropped a bomb on me and asked it I had went to duh dr to get tested .I asked her tested foe what? she said I need to get to duh dr right away and get tested foe dem hearing aids?????