It finally came...our church now owns an RTV 1100

mmolnar

I'm really stoked. After researching, asking questions on this forum, reading for hours and hours, we took delivery today of a brand new (has .5 hours) Camo Kubota RTV 1100. I can't say enough how cool this machine is.

It's a bit cold up here in the foothills of the Adirondack mountains today, but you'd never know it riding in that wonderful heated cab. Now all the fun, I mean work, begins. Customize... tweak....fabricate...improve. Well, maybe not too much at first.

Thanks again to all you guys for the great insights and advice on this vehicle. I'm sure I'll be reading back on many of the posts as necessary.

mmolnar

PS Check out the attached pic...that's the delivery guy.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Mister,</P>

That thing is sweet !!!!</P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=5> God does answer prayers !!!!</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=5></FONT></P>

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=5></FONT></P>

<FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=6><FONT size=4>~~~~ Two Guns~~~~</FONT> </FONT></P>

</P>

mmolnar

Yes, He does answer prayer. It's nice to get beyond the dreaming stage to ownership. I'm trying to zero in on a sander now and then a plow (next season). We took it around our 15 acre property through fields of snow. It does very well indeed.

The cab is a major blessing. This machine will serve us well, I'm sure. It's a real beast, yet refined.

mmolnar

Deerlope

Congradulation's!!!!!!!!!!!! they are a great rig. It will do a mountain of work for you. All its needs is some good regular maintainence.[:)]</P>

mmolnar

Thanks so much. Having read so much about the RTVs through this and other places, I feel that I came into it with both eyes open, realizing there are some challenges.

This forum has done much to convince me that most owners are happy (if not thrilled) with their purchase and that there are answers to the issues that arise with this machine. No man made item is perfect. There is only one creator that can claim perfection. The Kubota is a marvel of engineering, though.

mmolnar

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Congratulations!!!!

[quote user="mmolnar"]Thanks so much. Having read so much about the RTVs through this and other places[/quote]
Other places?!?!?!?

mmolnar

Can't mention those "other places". How about this, they're not as good as this forum. [:)]

Second day with the 1100. Haven't had a whole lotta time in it, but really liking what we see so far. This seems to be a great combination of comfort and durable build quality. It makes an impression on everyone who sees it, giving the feeling that it will hold up to a lot of work and do whatever you ask of it, within reason.

I cannot emphasize enough the value of that heated cab. Hey, it's cold up here!!! We need it.

mmolnar

Deerlope

I use to think that cabs were for wimps BUT I have mine about 99 % enclosed now. I have no heat, however I am still able to deal with the cold. I looked at a new 900 yesterday and it had a Curtis/Kubota cab. Man was that a sweet rig. I told the wife that I may have to buy her one and that it would not be my fault if she didn't use it.</P>

mmolnar

Nice approach. Think it'll work?

Hey, you told me about the Epoke spreaders, right? Man, they're expensive, but everyone who has them says they're worth every penny. So far, they look like our best option. Wish I could see one first.

mmolnar

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="mmolnar"]Nice approach. Think it'll work?

Hey, you told me about the Epoke spreaders, right? Man, they're expensive, but everyone who has them says they're worth every penny.
mmolnar
[/quote]
I'm probably going to hell for even asking but I'm confused. The RTV is expensive, the spreader isn't (relatively speaking). What's the issue? If you like the rest of us can justify a RTV, the accessories are just things to make it better. Who's got a gripe?

mmolnar

That's just it. After the RTV purchase, cash is more scarce. I've got an idea though. I'm going to ask our members to take turns sitting in the bed of the RTV with a bucket and a small shovel while I drive 'em around the parking lot.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="mmolnar"]I've got an idea though. I'm going to ask our members to take turns sitting in the bed of the RTV with a bucket and a small shovel while I drive 'em around the parking lot.[/quote]
I think your church will make more $$$ by selling rides in the cab. Double $$$ if they're in the drivers seat.

mmolnar

Scenic tours! Sounds like a great idea.

GET YOUR RIDE....in our <font color="#000080" size="4">RTV R</font>ighteous <font color="#000080" size="4">T</font>ransportation <font color="#000080" size="4">V</font>ehicle

Deerlope

[quote user="mmolnar"]Nice approach. Think it'll work?

Hey, you told me about the Epoke spreaders, right? Man, they're expensive, but everyone who has them says they're worth every penny. So far, they look like our best option. Wish I could see one first.

mmolnar
[/quote]</P>

</P>

Maybe you should look into buying a smaller one. I will check with SUNY Potsdam to see if they still have theirs. I think that they may have given them to the high school. If that is the case regardless of where they are arrangments can be made to look at them.</P>

mmolnar

Thanks, that's awful nice of you. I did go to the smallest tow behind they make. Still, it cost about $2700 and it drops a path of salt or sand only 30.5 inches wide. This is great for sidewalks and small parking lots, but would be slow for larger areas. I still think it would be enough for us.

Everyone who uses these say they are the last one you'll ever buy, with many being in use for over 20 years with almost no maintenance required. They are "overbuilt", apparently. This fact makes the cost much more justifiable.

Another major benefit to a tow behind, in my opinion, is that you can simply unhook it when you don't need it and you are not hauling all that weight around in your RTV. Plus, it lays a perfect pattern of product which isn't thrown onto the grass areas and flower beds (important with salt or other corrosive materials).

Sorry for sounding like a salesman. You're the one who told me about these spreaders. I guess I am "preaching to the choir".

mmolnar

Deerlope

As you go through your life remember this that is only cost a dollar more to go first class. You bought a first class tow machine, now buy the first class sander. Dropping 30.5 inches wide will not take long at 25 mph. However please remember to slow up when you turn. Iwill get on locating them Monday and get back to you. Depreciate that 2700 bucks over 20 years and it makes sense. I doubt that you will be able to run the RTV 20 years with no pronlems.

Deerlope

Where is the dealer located and what is their phone number. I have been looking at them on a dealers site in Rochester NY. I will be in touch when I contact my ex boss to see where they are.