It's here!

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Now I just gotta mount it and hook up the power. That won't be for another week or so. This ought to make spotting my deer a little easier!

Attachments

• GOLIGHT3151.jpg
    GOLIGHT3151.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 304

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
You're going to like it!!!

How are you planning on mounting?

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
Which mount did you get?

Do you have a plastic roof?
Mount? Mount? WTF do you mean mount? I assumed that everythig I needed was in the box! I'm at work so it will be this afternoon before I can open the box and see. As for the roof, aren't they all impact resistant plastic? It's a 2008 model.

a%252520038.jpg

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Don't worry about the mount. If you have some 3" drywall screws, you'll be good to go. It's been awhile, but I thought they came with a permanent mount (what comes with it + 3 drywall screws) but also offered a suction cup and magnetic mount.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
BTW, just kidding on the drywall screws. :)
I didn't open it since my computer doesn't like PDF's, but this is for your reading pleasure until you get home. Install instructions for the light.
www.golight.com/products/pdfs/stryker_inst.pdf

My RTV is a 900 so it has a different roof and my install was a bit different.

Attachments

• CIMG4942.jpg
    CIMG4942.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 265

DIXIEDOG

Nice looking light. Are they durable enough that if they get hit by a tree branch in the trails that they won't break or do they need to be in a safe spot?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
They're not made to take impacts but they're pretty darn tough. I'd set the "home" position (a button you push that returns it to a predetermined point you define) to point the light backwards just so it protects the lens.

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
I just wish there was a "safe" spot but the optimum is obviously up on top. So watch out for those low hanging branches!

squerly

Gold Site Supporter
BTW, just kidding on the drywall screws. :)
You wern't far off on the drywall screws. The mount is incuded as it's actually a removable part of the base. And yes, they provided 3 screws to mount it with. Not dissimilar from our much loved drywall screws! It looks simple enough to mount so I'll get on it next Saturnday. BTW, thanks for the .PDF!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Had since the first month of owning the RTV. Love it !!!

We purchased ours from a emergency equipment supplier off of ebay . Theirs come with a master command
that goes inside the cab, and a remote.

NOTE: DO NOT LET REMOTE WALK OFF !!!!

Up to this day, we have never figured out what happened to the first remote. We thinking it
will show back up in a pocket of a hunting coat, or in the shop somewhere. We purchased another remote from GoLite.

They are tuff, but don't just let big limbs start hitting it while in fast movement.....

Do what bczoom stated, use the home button, and set backwards !!!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Ebay...... many folks now carry them. Just shop around on the net. It's been a few years since we purchased ours. Back then, they were high as h311.
They are like microwave ovens & CD players !!!! Have to morgage your farm to get one when they first come out. Then, they end up giving them away at Ducks Unlimited banquets just for showing up >>>>

Attachments

• Possum.jpg
    Possum.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 203

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Were you buy one?
Never seen 1 before.

Art

Ebay has one just like what is mounted on ours RTV 900.

Item # 250892868651

Like I said, you will have to shop >>>>

The remote control is the way to go. Don't get me wrong, we use the cab control also, but the
remote is the stuff !!!!

WE LOVE IT !!!!

Attachments

• crash test gear.jpg
    crash test gear.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 204