kabota paint

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I built a set of stick stoppers for a forum member an he wanted them painted bota orange.I an in the process of painting them an was wondering if sny of you guys ever used this paint and if so hiw well did it hold up.it seems to take all day fir it to dry even with 1000watts of halogen lights on them.the rain we been getting everyday isn't helping out much either.

oldhat

Site Supporter
I used the dark gray when I changed the hitch to 2 inch. It was expensive but has held up very well

Kanook

After I sand blasted the Blizzard snowblade I had it epoxy primed and then used the Kubota orange from the K dealer to finish it. It really bonded well and is holding up well after 4 years....good stuff.

Attachments

• blade.JPG
    blade.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 98

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks for the info.the paint finally seemed to dry an I will say I think the stickstoppers look pretty good in the bota orange.ill ask the member who ordered them to post s few pics when he gets them installed.thanks again.

cov62431

It is definately a paint you want to use a primer with. I touched up some chips in the paint (powdercoat) on the bed of one of our botas, let it sit overnight and was still tacky the next morning (15+ hrs.). But like peanut said, the weather played a hand in that.

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I use an automotive self etching primer on the stickstoppers.of all the primers I tried it seems to be the best so far.yes the weather down here makes painting tuff.I checked them out this morning an the last coat has cured very well. I got the paint trom tractor suppy for 5.00 a can and put teo full cans of paint on them.I will let them set until monday that way they will have a full 3days to sit before boxing them up.I have learned from other me mbers that when the recieved their stickstoppers the boxs was pretty beat up.the postal service must play basketball with them.lol