Kubota 900 injector issues

Chet

Have a 2007 kubota rtv 900. Will only stay running if injector line is left cracked open. Close it and runs about 20secs and dies.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
From the front of the engine or water pump end is injector 1 middle would be injector 2 and last would ne injector 3. So yours is in injector 1? Does the engine run if you crack any other injection line?

Chet

Ok, will do, i think it is number 3 , if 1 is closet to water pump. I will check others to see what happens.

Chet

Will not start unless i open number 3, if i try to loosen number 2 while just barely snugging number 3 it shuts off. I get spray out of number 3 when cranking, just barely get fuel out of number 2 and 1 when trying to bleed.

Chet

I did that, blew one back thru gas tank. I have fuel coming out of both ends of return line while running. Does this sound like injector pump malfunction?

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
We were having injector/DPF regeneration trouble in our tractors and used some of the Archoil cleaner in our diesel fuel when we refueled. It really seemed to help. I put some in my diesel Roxor too because I was getting carbon buildup in my egr and it also improved. Wonder if that would help with your injectors? Of coarse, remember that I know very little about these things anymore but value Aurthuritis's opinions- was just saying what helped us. https://www.amazon.com/Archoil-AR64...706584198&sprefix=archoil,aps,257&sr=8-2&th=1

Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Maybe just maybe your primary fuel pump might be on the blink or you could have an air leak into the suction side of the primary fuel pump. Try opening the fuel bleed a bit while running then close the cracked injector line and see if it runs better?

Chet

Maybe just maybe your primary fuel pump might be on the blink or you could have an air leak into the suction side of the primary fuel pump. Try opening the fuel bleed a bit while running then close the cracked injector line and see if it runs better?
Ok, will try today. Thanks

Chet

I have an electric pump, plenty of flow. Started with number 3 cracked open. Opened bleeder screw, shut number 3, ran about 5 secs, died. Same as before?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
Ok so there isn't any air when you bleed?
Take out the injector and swap into another place or with a known good injector and see what happens?

Chet

Update, took a minute to get return fuel lines in after breaking while trying to move injectors.

Replaced all 3 injectors and return fuel rail. Bled 1, then 2, then 3 and it cranked up and kept running.

Injectors must have been dirty.

Added a washer on top of return fuel lines so hopefully will be able to remove without damage.