***** KUBOTA ADVERTISEMENT ?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Like many folks,a long timebefore purchasing my Kubota RTV, I started doing research on these machines, finding information on what I could on all the utility vehicles, so I would feel like I would make the right choice for my needs. ( which I did ) ~~~~ And even back then, before the purchase back in Febuary of 2007, I have yet, found a advertisement on the RTV's in any magazine, or on a television spot. Reading up on these RTV's, I never seen one until I ran across this site, and then branched threw to the Kubota web site.At seeing & reading this, is when I made the 55 mile trip to my dealer, for a test fire, and close "eyeball" look on these units. Around the shop & house, we have just about every hunting, fishing, shooting, farming, magazines on the market, and yet, never ran into a Kubota RTV advertisement anywhere, Kubota tractors & mowers ad's I've seen, but the RTV's seems like don't ever get put in any hunting or farming magazine. I know the company is not cheap by no means, but I feel like Kubota needs to let the people know that there is a great machine out there !!! Always seeing other ad's about the Rhino, Ranger, Cubs, Husky, Mules, etc, but never a RTV ***</P>

I had my RTV on my trailer the other evening, whileattendingto the Ducks Unlimited banquet, wouldn't believe thehunters, young &older, that grouped around the RTV to see something like that,many have never heard of one, mush less, seen one. And that's when someone made the statement of , " never seen one of these in the hunting magazines" . And as we all know, not everyone has access to the internet ....... I know that if more folks new about these, there would be more RTV owners, like the suprised folks seen around theRTV the other evening !!!!!! [*-)]</P>

JohnR

I agree. I also am one of those guys that tries to do my homework before I make a purchase. Its hard to understand why kubota does so little promotional advertisement. My dealer didn't do a good job pointing out the positive features of the 1100. If it were not for sites like this I would have not been attracted to the machine I ordered. However If you read the machine reviews on this site for the 1100 their is a lot of negatives press. I don't expect that I will get my machine from the dealer until end of this week or next. In the meantime I find myself wondering if I will get the wonderful unit described my some or the heartache described by others. In my life I have made much larger and much smaller purchase but none with more apprehension than this purchase.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Here's my guess...</p>

Some companies and/or some subset of their product lines may not need mass advertising. When people are spending 5 or more figures on a product, we would hope that the consumer would educate themselves on the products available. Many products just don't need much TV or paper advertising. How often do you see TV or printed advertisements for brands (or products) like: Peterbilt, Kenworth, Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren...
</p>

[quote user="TWO GUNS"] Like many folks,a long timebefore purchasing
my Kubota RTV, I started doing research on these machines, finding
information on what I could on all the utility vehicles, so I would
feel like I would make the right choice for my needs.[/quote]</p>

Like you, most customers spending this kind of coin are going to do some research.
</p>

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]Always seeing other ad's about the Rhino, Ranger, Cubs, Husky, Mules, etc, but never a RTV ***[/quote]</p>

Some companies NEED to get product knowledge out there. Others may not need to push their products as hard.
</p>

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]"never seen one of these in the hunting magazines"[/quote]</p>

And did any end the sentence with ", so I bought a xxxxxx instead." (where xxxxxx is another UTV)?
</p>

</p>

mikeyd

JohnR,</P>

I went through the same thing before I got the rtv1100, exceptI had pre-ordered it so I had to rely on the reviews for the rtv900. Spending 15k for a machine is alot of money so I was very apprehensive. Was it going to be underpowered, too slow, won't go up hills, won't shift, too heavy etc., all the negative stuff I had read on sites like this. Now that I have had the machine for almost six months I really wonder if the people who posted the negative reviews ever actually owned a machine. Part of me wonders if they own a competing brand and just want to bash the rtv. I could not be more pleased with this machine, it has exceeded my every expectation. Its powerful, comfortable, built like a tank and has never let me down. I use it practically everday as a workhorse and it performs fantastic. I suspect once you get your machine you will feel the same way and, like me, begin to wonder where the negative reviews are coming from.</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
mikeyd ,</P>

Will have to agree with you on that statement of <FONT color=#ff0000>" I really wonder if the people who posted the</FONT> <FONT color=#ff0000>negative RTVreviews ever actually owned a machine" ......</FONT></P>

Wetell people , every timethe RTV is brought out to work,how suprised we are just what this little monster will do. So much, we have plans next spring on purchasing a RTV 1100, for the lady..... And of course, Daddy - O keeps the 900 for his deer management & hunting . But he's not getting left out, for he's going to get him a Kubota Grand Series Tractor!!! [Y]</P>

Prinsen-Ranch

I didn't really notice any ads for the 900, but early this year I started seeing quite a few ads for the 1100. Maybe Kubota did targeted ads in this market? I get many free ag. publications targeted at Western and Northwestern beef and hay growers. I've seen several ads directly from Kubota and far more from some of the bigger regional Kubota dealers touting the 1100's cab long before any were actually available. </P>

Since Kubota tractors were first sucessful marketing to West Coast farmers, perhaps they decided to test their RTV marketing out here? I know that when I was shopping for my 1100 the bigger tractor dealers (in hay growing areas) wanted close to list and had few 1100s on the lot. The smaller dealers (in more built up transition areas) had more machines and were eager to make a deal. Maybe Kubota now needs to broaden their market for these machines. </P>

Mark</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="Rowdy1"]Big two page ad for RTV1100 in most recent issue of Cowboys and Indians...
[/quote]
I've got to admit that I never heard of that magazine. I guess it doesn't come East of the big river.

Well, someone should tell them to update the advertisers section of their web site as Kubota isn't listed...
http://www.cowboysindians.com/links/index.html

Ricochet

I have seen ads in various hunting magazines i.e. Georgia Sportsman...etc. So, hunting magazines are good place to find RTV ads and other outdoor power equipment magazines for all things Kubota.