Kubota rtv 1100 steering and dump

Mr T

Good morning all. I seem to be having hydrolic issues with my rtv 1100. Steering wheel is choppy and dump body dumping slowly ( without power) and hydrolic system is screaming during all of this

Mr T

Hydrolic tank is full. Just changed all fluids and filters. Problem was occurring prior to service. I’m not sure if it’s an x series or not. Its more than likely a 2010 or so year machine

Mr T

Seems air bound. But I honestly don’t know all that much about the rtv hydrolic system

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
Let's hope Arthuritis shows up, he has an older 1100 and he is very knowledgeable on these machines. I try to help out where I can but this one is above my pay grade.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
did you use kubota fluids? for sure you checked the tank under the seat? need to confirm the model. does the shifter have L-H-R or 1-2-3-R

Mr T

I used genuine kubota fluids and filters. Drained the tank under the seat and filled with new fluid as well as the transmission. I thought a complete hydrolic service would help fix the issue but, it didn’t. Model is RTV 1100 serial No. 14061. Shifter has L-M-H-R

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
make sure you don't have a collapsed hose leading to the hydraulic pump. make sure the hand lever and valve that operates the bed lift isn't stuck in the engaged or power down position. was the oil in the tank under the seat milky or dirty? how long since before you changed the fluids?

ItBmine

Well, don't sound as if you did anything wrong doing the service Mister T. You got both oil resevoirs.

You're not trying to steer and dump at same time are you? They seem to fight each other for fluid when you do that.

Hope it's something simple. Good luck.

Mr T

Well, don't sound as if you did anything wrong doing the service Mister T. You got both oil resevoirs.

You're not trying to steer and dump at same time are you? They seem to fight each other for fluid when you do that.

Hope it's something simple. Good luck.
Thanks I think I did. Lol. No not doing both at the same time. Definitely seems like hydraulic system is starving somewhere.

Mr T

Seems like a hose running under skid plate ( by engine oil drain plug) from right to left side of motor has a flat spot in it. How common is it for pump to go bad. Only 322 hrs on machine.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i doubt that your pump is bad. sounds like you have a restriction of some sort. a damaged hose could be coming apart internally or the pinched hose? could be a piece of debris in the lift valve causing a restriction. sometimes the friction will cause heat in that area where the restriction is???

Mr T

Seems like a hose running under skid plate ( by engine oil drain plug) from right to left side of motor has a flat spot in it. How common is it for pump to go bad. Only 322 hrs on machine.
i doubt that your pump is bad. sounds like you have a restriction of some sort. a damaged hose could be coming apart internally or the pinched hose? could be a piece of debris in the lift valve causing a restriction. sometimes the friction will cause heat in that area where the restriction is???
thanks so much for the input. I’ll keep plugging along.

KBRTV

thanks so much for the input. I’ll keep plugging along.
Sir, were you ever able to determine the cause of your issue? I am currently experiencing the same issue. Thank you