Kubota rtv won't start

bigfoot0492

I have a 2001 rtv900. No fuel to injectors. There is barely any fuel coming out Injector pump.
I saw on previous posts about adding a electric fuel pump. I did and works great. There is a plug end taped to the rubber air intake hose that goes on and off with key. Just change out the pins, move one to the other and electric pump plugs right in. I mounted the pump on the removable side plate right next to the front of vertical brace. Just drill mounting holes so the bolts just clear the vertical brace. You will have to change the length of the hose from the injection pump to electric fuel pump, about twice as long as original If you mount the pump there, the wire is just long enough to reach plug. End of fuel pump problems. The electric fuel pump is the same as the pump for the diesel lawn mowers same engine. Except the lawn mower does not have mechanical pump only electric pump. There is no worry about whether the pump is to much for engine, I keep a spare electric pump for my diesel lawn mower, now it fits both. Great job on this forum for the idea.

Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!
Glad to hear the electric fuel pump fixed your issue.
BTW - You said you have a 2001 RTV. They didn't make the RTV until 2004. Not sure if it's a typo. To confirm your year and assuming your VIN is 16 characters, the 9th position tells you the year. E.g. VIN starts with KRTV900A410. The 4 means 2004 model.
If you have a 17 character VIN, the 10th position gives you the year.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wonder if Kubota sold the 2004 models in 03 like they do with cars?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I wonder if Kubota sold the 2004 models in 03 like they do with cars?
I bought my 2004 in the summer of 2004 and it has a very low serial # (one of the first 6,500 units) so I'm thinking they came out in Spring of 2004.

Reactions: Doc