Kubota snow blower

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I recently bought a Kubota BX2816 50" snowblower for my BX2680 tractor. The snow blower had manual chute rotation and manual deflector. This past summer I ordered a grapple for my BX and my Dealer talked me into a land Pride 3rd function controller. His augment was the Land Pride was a true 3rd function controller as opposed to the Kubota 3rd function which he said was a diverter valve. I installed a hydraulic chute rotation kit which works very nicely. When I went to order a hydraulic deflector kit I was shocked at the price. When I looked into what was in the kit I noticed it contained an electric hydraulic diverter controller. While it would work with my setup it was unnecessary due to my Land Pride 3rd function valve. I ordered the hydraulic cylinder, two 90 degree fittings for the cylinder, the Kubota hydraulic hose curly routers as well as 6' of hydraulic hose and the flat connectors for the hose. I am worried that the way the hydraulic hoses are routed that I could run into problems while in use. Pictures to follow. Does anyone else have the same setup and if so how did you route the hoses from the cylinder to the controller?

Attachments

• 20221125_142420.jpg
    20221125_142420.jpg
    448.2 KB · Views: 6
  • 20221125_142428.jpg
    20221125_142428.jpg
    411.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Doc

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am worried that the way the hydraulic hoses are routed that I could run into problems while in use.
What is the cause of your worry? Yea, they're low but above the axle. You have a huge box (the snowblower itself) in front of the hoses to clear anything in front of the tractor that may come into contact with the hoses.

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
When the snowblower is in the up position and I rotate the chute clockwise from the full counter clock wise position the hoses catch on the grill guard.

Attachments

• 20221126_100127.jpg
    20221126_100127.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 7

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Gotcha. Does it snag on the grill guard or just brush up against it? Haven't looked lately but thought I recall the hoses for the loader on my tractor "rub" against things but I've never had a problem with the hoses getting any wear. Looks like your hoses have a decent amount of protection.

This may sound half-assed but can you take some bungie cords from the hoses to the area on the chute where the cotter pin is pictured so the hoses stay closer to the chute?

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
I will definitely give it a try. I was hoping someone else had the same setup and already figured this out. True It just rubs, but I am extra cautious. It would be my luck it would work 99 times out of 100 but that one time it doesn't it will be catastrophic. I ordered some straight connectors for the hose to cylinder connections hoping that will make a difference.