Kubota tool chest

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I was in Costco in Nashville today and saw an orange rolling tool chest with kubota on it. Made in china. Kubota must be taking lessons from John Deere in licensing agreements.

cov62431

Now a days it's harder to find things that aren't made in china. Even things that are made in the U.S. have the clause " assembled in the U.S. with parts from china, taiwan, yugoslavia, etc. But I guess that's what we get when we want to purchase something cause it's cheaper.

71sschevelle

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Now a days it's harder to find things that aren't made in china. Even things that are made in the U.S. have the clause " assembled in the U.S. with parts from china, taiwan, yugoslavia, etc. But I guess that's what we get when we want to purchase something cause it's cheaper.

I saw an item in a big box store that had USA on it in 3 inch high letters and when I looked closer at it, in very small letters in front of the big USA was the word destination. Kind of misleading.

cov62431

Seen that myself. That can be very misleading if you don't pay close attention. Also gotta be careful with foreign copies of American items. We can't use chinese shackles (for example) due to them breaking under load, and yet they "appear" very similar to manufacturers like CM. Gotta look at em close.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Seen that myself. That can be very misleading if you don't pay close attention. We can't use chinese !!!!

Yes, you are 100% correct.

Mrs.Two Guns and myself thought we was getting a deal on some
fly-swatters last year.

Not only could you not hit the mosquitos, you could not kill them when you did
make contact.

Upon closer inspection on the swatters. Mrs.Two Guns found the problem.

Had a little round decal that stated: " Made in China"

P.S.
Nothing like the "electronic bug wackers". They work and the one we have is MADE IN USA !!!!

Attachments

• Louisiana Mosquito.jpg
    Louisiana Mosquito.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 184
  • Fly-swatter.jpg
    Fly-swatter.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 185
  • bug wacker.jpg
    bug wacker.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 185

Heatwave

On the other hand ... I was in a flags specialty store last week, just browsing the merchandise. I noticed that the China flag bore a "Made in the USA" tag sewed onto it. Go figger ....

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I just noticed this on my oil filter - genuine Kubota complete with the little fancy seal there at the edge... and says "made in China"................

Attachments

• 0225131605.jpg
    0225131605.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 148

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I just noticed this on my oil filter - genuine Kubota complete with the little fancy seal there at the edge... and says "made in China"................

They don't know where they want the filters fabricated. Mine says "JAPAN"
on the transmission filter boxes ....
You posted that and I had to run out to the shop and see.

Might have something to do with me buying mine in Louisiana.... (smiling)

Attachments

• photo396.jpg
    photo396.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 149

Popo1945

I renewed my NRA membership recently. They sent me a small pocket knife for renewing. Yep, u guessed it - stamped "Made in China"!!!!!
Come on - Really!!!!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Two Guns maybe it's the box that's made in Japan. QUOTE]

Upon inspection on both filters. Did not see anything stamped on filter from where it came from.
Just something on the box.
Returned them back in the shop on shelf untll needed.

..... two guns

muleman RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
Gold Site Supporter
What pisses me off is when you go for parts from NAPA or TSC and they are all made in China. Ain't no wonder u-joints fail so quick!! I don't buy their crap by choice but you can't find any American made.:beatdeadhorse5: