Leaking radiatior fluid !!

coobie

I started to notice a small amount of radiator fluidstarting to leak underneath my RTV 900 the last few days.I put it up on the car ramps and noticed it was coming from the passenger side rear.There are 2 hose clamps located just in front of the passenger side rear wheel.I thightened them both up and it stopped the leaking.Maybe its something you folks might want to check.coobie[:)]

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply>coobie,</DIV>
<DIV> Thanks ~~~`</DIV>
<DIV> Will give ours a check-threw first thing in the morning !!!!</DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></P>

jdh1

coobie, just wondering if you took notice what these clamps were connected to? I don't have my RTV here and i'm trying to figure out what antifreeze would be doing near the rear wheels. Maybe tranny fluid? jdh1

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That's EXACTLY what I was a thinking.... That's why I'm going to wait until daylight, so I can see why antifreeze will be doing around the back wheels ........ While in there, going to check all the clamps over the unit itself .....

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That's going to be my first thing looked at first light in the morning....</P>

Might be one of the hydraulic lines ..... We'll find out for sure what's back there ..... [*-)]</P>

coobie

[quote user="jdh1"]coobie, just wondering if you took notice what these clamps were connected to? I don't have my RTV here and i'm trying to figure out what antifreeze would be doing near the rear wheels. Maybe tranny fluid? jdh1
[/quote]No its was raditor fluid for sure,my anti freeze fill up bottle was almost empty also.The line is going to the engine.coobie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
I was a thinking it might of blowed back that far to the back wheels somehow.Leaks can fool anyone when the liquid starts running and going down different lines ~~~</P>

I've really forgot what is running that far back, I will have to look in the sunshine. Glad you got yours to quit leaking !!!!!</P>

</P>

There is a small intercooler for the hydraulic fluid located under the filter just aft of the passenger side halfshaft. The fluid passes through the filter and intercooler at this point. The two coolant lines run along the bottom of the "mission frame" which holds the drivetrain.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
bota tech,</P>

Is this on all RTV 900 units, or just the ones with the hydro-lift beds ????</P>

coobie

[quote user="KubotaTechnician"]There is a small intercooler for the hydraulic fluid located under the filter just aft of the passenger side halfshaft. The fluid passes through the filter and intercooler at this point. The two coolant lines run along the bottom of the "mission frame" which holds the drivetrain.[/quote]Thanks KT.That is the line I am talking about,(Two guns )my RTVhas the hyd.lift.box.coobie