Letter from dealer on overheating

DigOrange

I got a letter from my RTV dealer that started out...
"Dear valued customer..." I like that part.

But it goes on with "we thought you should be aware of something we have noticed lately. We have seen the radiator cooling fins becoming clogged up with dirt and grass debris that is very hard to see and difficult to remove. It is very important that the radiator remain clean so the airflow is not restricted. If it is, you have the possibility of overheating and engine damage"

Anyone else get this letter? Is it a real problem or is my dealer not aware that these run a little warm on the temp guage? Mine seems to be clean and gets run through a lot of "dirt and grass debris".

kas1263

Dear valued fellow RTV owner,

Nothing yet in the mail here in eastern Kentucky. It is good to know though. I would have never thought to check the fan blades for debris.

DigOrange

I think they are talking about the fins in the radiator. I will get out my Maxwell Smart magnifying glass tonight and look closer.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Think DigOrangewas talking about radiator FINS, not FAN blade. Unless I read it wrong. </P>

From what I researced, most of the newer model units, seems that the temp guage shows them running warmer. Thought myself they were a little warmer when purchased mine, but after talking to several Kubota mechanics, and looking over some other newer units that's running, they run all ( by the guage ) are warmer. But it's normal for these models !!! As long as the cooling fan cycles, and your temp drops back when it does, it's normal from what the mechanics stated ....</P>

doggman

I haven't received the letter yet, either. However, my brother, who has has some tracked Bobcats in his companywith Kubota engine assemblies, told me some time ago that they<U>do</U> have the exact same problem that the letter mentions. He said it's one of the more frequent maintenance problems that they have when the weather is warmer. </P>

It's just kind of strange that Kubota picked this issue for a personalized customer letter. I don't recall any posts that mentioned this problem. </P>

Dig Orange - do have a RTV 900 or 1100? </P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Down here in Louisiana, we haven't received that letter. Sounds like a dealers thing, and not coming from Kubota Corp.</P>

But, by reading the opening post, sound like they are having trouble of folks not keeping the fins in the radiator clean. Which should be a regular thing for the owner to automaticly keep a check on. This is all part of owning a machine of this caliber. Only proper maintance, service, and common sense, will keep these and all UTV's running right and have a long running life ....... [:p]</P>

Ricochet

This is not a problem I have ever heard of and must be something the dealer has taken upon themselves to do. However, I guess anything is possible in extreme operating conditions and it's not a bad idea to check this from time to time.

BTW, TwoGuns is right about the temp gauges.