lights for plowing

628pm

Site Supporter
Okay, I have been looking at all of the different light setups for the rtv's. I really want to install the flashing lights for the side and rear of my x900. My problem is I really have no idea how to install the lights (what I need and how to install them properly). I've looked at the threads about lights and really want to install. No problem installing if I knew how to install wiring properly. Any help would be appreciated. When I purchased my x900 I had the accessory setup installed. So I have 2 switch places available. I have installed the heater, wipers, 2 led work lights up front and an accessory plug on the rear of the unit to run my spreader. But working with relays and proper wiring of the "strobe" lights is beyond my knowledge.

Thanks for any help given.

Matt

If you search Ebay for flashing / hazzard LED Lights you will find a lot of options that come with everything you need and the control box, Fairly inexpensive also.

Mark.Sibole

all depends on what you are looking for .There are many to choose from.If you want something low profule and easy to install Ecco makes some nice ones.I have 4 of these on my machine.THey are USDOT approved.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ecco-ED0002...Amber-Warning-Light-Lamp-12-24V-/191009535330
$_12.JPG

drill a 1/4 inch holr to run the wire through and run it to a switch.The light will run 5 to 7 hours on a 9 volt battery so it uses little power and it is bright as hell I have 1 mounted on each corner of the roof.You can find them cheaper.I went to my local auto parts store I deal with and got mine for 25 a piece.

Mark.Sibole

With these strobes you dont need relays.Low current draw so just go from strobe to switch to power and your all set.

Mark.Sibole

Lightbar and strobes mounted on the underside of roof.
Outside square lighs will be removed eventually .Small plates hold strobes and lightbar is centered.
lightbar.jpg

thunderdome

Gold Site Supporter
Good looking rig there Mark. I would like to have a light bar like that and mount it on the front brush guard, I think..

cchaffee

Nice setup Mark, thanks for the picture.

I am currently trying to figure out backup/work lights. I think the flashers are a good idea as I LOVE plowing so I drive around the neighborhood "helping" people. will definetely be looking into those.:letitsnow:

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
I am currently trying to figure out backup/work lights.
I put a light under the bed on a pigtail so I can disconnect the light and power something like a salt spreader. In this location, I can also see to connect trailers or whatever to the drawbar.

I just unplug the light and plug into the salt spreader if/when I need to use it.

In the 2nd pic, you can also see some round worklights mounted to the side of the ROPS. Those swivel out when needed to see out the sides. Not pictured is a light at the top/center of the ROPS to light the bed.

Attachments

• CIMG4922.jpg
    CIMG4922.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 97
  • CIMG4925.jpg
    CIMG4925.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 94