Mahindra 2660

Bocephus

Anyone have a 2660 with loader? I bought one a couple of months ago and have found it to be very unstable. I am going to have the dealer install fluid in both rear tires and I have ordered 3in. wheel spacers to widen the rear tires a total of 6in. The tractor is to tall and narrow to be used on ANY uneven surfaces, plus the loaders on these tractors are so strong and will lift so much weight it makes it a dangerous combination. I have operated tractors for 55 years and this is the 1st one that actually scares me on anything but perfectly flat ground. Anyone else seeing this?

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new tractor.
I don't have that tractor but have experienced what you're talking about. I'd go to lift something with the loader and at times it has lifted the rear tires off the ground.

I think what you're planning will greatly help. I did fluid in my rear tires and it made all the difference in the world.

What kind of fluid are planning to install in the tires? I'm a fan of Rim Guard. https://www.rimguardsolutions.com/

Not sure what options you have available to get your rims filled but around me, there's truck/agricultural tire companies that proved much cheaper than the dealer. They come to your place and do it right there. For me, there was no particular hurry so they slipped me in when they had a truck in the area which greatly reduced their charge for coming to my place.

Bocephus

The dealer told me they used water with antifreeze in it. They said the cost would be 400.00 plus whatever the haul bill is as I have don't have a trailer heavy duty enough to haul it myself. I am sure the water plus antifreeze will rust the rims out inside so I may check around and see if I can locate someone to come to the farm and use the beet juice.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
How cold does it get where you are? Are their tubes in the tires?

Water with antifreeze? Heck, that's windshield wiper fluid (but much less toxic than actual antifreeze). You could go buy wiper fluid and fill it yourself. Consider getting the winter version if you have extreme cold temps. There's online calculators to compute how many gallons you need.

Do an internet search for "tool for installing windshield fluid into tires". You can buy a tool or watch a couple videos of people that show you tricks on how to do it without any tools.

As for rusting out the rims, calcium is the worst which is why it's rarely used anymore. I know several people that use the washer fluid but don't recall anyone saying their rims rusted out. If it was that toxic, I doubt it would be used in cars all around the world.

OldTrix

Hi, I have a 2655, the older version of your rig. I would agree that the tractor is light in the back, even with my rears filled with beet juice. I sometimes have to engage 4WD when the loader if full, as the rears will spin. I'm looking into a ballast box, or maybe a backhoe attachment for some weight back there. (I do have other needs for a backhoe). I put 2 inch spacers on mine after the first season of mowing, as I have some pretty steep hills, but have also learned to avoid traversing slopes sideways, so the transition turning around at the top/bottom are the only challenges.

I agree it seems tippy, but I haven't had anything I would deem a close call. The cab models have you sitting up pretty high, so even slight inclines feel like large lean angles.

Fglf

Hi, I have a 2655, the older version of your rig. I would agree that the tractor is light in the back, even with my rears filled with beet juice. I sometimes have to engage 4WD when the loader if full, as the rears will spin. I'm looking into a ballast box, or maybe a backhoe attachment for some weight back there. (I do have other needs for a backhoe). I put 2 inch spacers on mine after the first season of mowing, as I have some pretty steep hills, but have also learned to avoid traversing slopes sideways, so the transition turning around at the top/bottom are the only challenges.

I agree it seems tippy, but I haven't had anything I would deem a close call. The cab models have you sitting up pretty high, so even slight inclines feel like large lean angles.
I where do yo take the rear spacers for your 2660 mahindra i need that i am from
Canada

OldTrix

There are numerous spacers available. Bro-tec is one brand can think of offhand. Make sure you spec a spacer that has the flange machined into it to ensure the wheel is centered and held captive by the hub. Some are ust slabs of aluminum and rely solely upon the lugs to hold them. Not good in the long run, as they will wear out the studs.