Mod.?? I cant stay signed on??

coobie

Moderater,Help??Every time I visit this site I have to sign on,why?I have used the keep me sigined on button also.Thanks,coobie

Deerlope

I got the same problem. This site was better before the new software was installed. This is by far the slowest loading site that I visit.

This has become a real pain when you have to logg on everytime you go to the site. I am going to have to shorten my log on name since I only type with two fingers it takes forever.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Sorry guys,

Both Neil and I are aware of the problem. Can't speak for Neil, but I don't have a resolution.
Neil's down South building houses for Katrina victims so he doesn't have the needed time to work on it. To my knowledge, no software upgrade has been done so that's not the issue.
Something "burped" a few days ago and we're still suffering from it. Please bear with us until the Admin and hosting company are back running 100%.

Brian

vBulletin seems to be the popular software on most boards. Network Solutions seem to be the best with customer service and "uptime" of their servers. </P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
[quote user="KubotaTechnician"]vBulletin seems to be the popular software on most boards.[/quote]
I like vBulletin and it's the software I'm most familiar with (as a member and moderator).
This site is quite a bit different as it has so much more than a forum. I'm not sure if vB can process the suite of requirements needed by our host (Messick's).

G

vBullitin is not free and runs on PHP which I don't know. This software is called Community Server and runs on asp.net and costs me nothing. We're about 3 years back on updates, there is a new version out that we'll be moving to shortly. </P>

The bug with the login came from some change at the hosting company. I'm nearly done with a major upgrade to this site... everything is about to look totally different. The new code is running much faster and I'm very happy with it so far. I've had a two week timeline to get this done... however that two weeks seems to keep getting longer. </P>

mmolnar

Thanks for all your work. I know this stuff can be challenging and takes time. Looking forward to see the changes.

Blessings,

Matt

Well, no matter what ya do, thanks for the effort and the forum. Its made things easier for me at work, since it allows me to pinpoint problems that occur in the field. Info like that is valuable to the technician.