Need new tires

glennm

Hi:
I know there are many tire threads here but I will ask anyway. I have an RTV900 that needs new tires, we use it in the bush a lot so a lugged tire is preferred. The current size on the RTV are 25/11/12 on the rear and 25/10/12 on the front. I am wondering about increasing the size to 26? Could I do that with no issues and do I need narrower tires on the front. I see the local supplier has tires in stock 26/9 and 26/11. Is there any advantage to going up to the 26?

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I can think of DISadvantages…. reduced braking capability…and incorrect mileage and speed indications…. less fender and steering clearances…greater roll-over risks.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
I put 26x11x12 tires on my x1100c without any issues. The increased diameter sped things up just enough and the ride is better. On the stock steel rims

FTG-05

Hi:
I know there are many tire threads here but I will ask anyway. I have an RTV900 that needs new tires, we use it in the bush a lot so a lugged tire is preferred. The current size on the RTV are 25/11/12 on the rear and 25/10/12 on the front. I am wondering about increasing the size to 26? Could I do that with no issues and do I need narrower tires on the front. I see the local supplier has tires in stock 26/9 and 26/11. Is there any advantage to going up to the 26?
There is a HUGE problem with going from the 25" tires to 26" tires on your RTV:

It's going to make it look great!

25" Craptyles on the right, 26" ITP Blackwater Evolutions on the left:

FSJfsMO.jpg

On the hoof:

7NXWcB6.jpg

Those same ITP's are now on my RTV-XG850. This is a pic before running on asphalt wore the front tires almost down to the cord:

ECNRYpx.jpg

When I absolutely have to replace the ITPs, I'm going to replace them with 27" Tusk Terrabytes.

glennm

D
There is a HUGE problem with going from the 25" tires to 26" tires on your RTV:

It's going to make it look great!

25" Craptyles on the right, 26" ITP Blackwater Evolutions on the left:

FSJfsMO.jpg

On the hoof:

7NXWcB6.jpg

Those same ITP's are now on my RTV-XG850. This is a pic before running on asphalt wore the front tires almost down to the cord:

ECNRYpx.jpg

When I absolutely have to replace the ITPs, I'm going to replace them with 27" Tusk Terrabytes.
do you think 26 / 11 / 12 backwaters would be good for my machine? Enough clearance, etc. I love the look of the 26 on yours

FTG-05

The 2nd pic above is a RTV-900. I can't imagine another -900 model year would be all that different. 25" >>> 26" is only a 1/2" difference. A much bigger difference is old vs. new tires - see first pic above.