New Kioti NX6010 Problems

landdog49

I just purchased an NX6010 HST cab (14 hours). It is not the tractor my 14-year-old DK45HST cab is. Yea, it has more horsepower plus major unwanted problems. I was told that the NX had a heavier front axle and was built better than my DK45. Not true. The NX hesitates when it moves forward or back, then jumps rapidly. My buddy was helping me hook up a 3-point counterweight, and I started to creep back, but it hesitated and then jumped. Luckily, he was not between the tractor and the implement; if so, he would have gotten hurt. Several standard items on my DK45 were missing or options on the new NX: the left seat armrest is missing, the FEL bucket guide rod is missing, a rear windshield wiper is an option, and a radio faceplate is an option. You would think a 50-grand tractor would have these.

When I went to hook up a hay accumulator/grapple, I could not see over the hood where the face plates were supposed to hook into the implement’s slots. Bing 6ft 2, the only way to see was to sit on the front edge of the seat so that I could look over the front end of the hood. Even then, it is hard to see the right side because the 3rd function couplings are in the way. I tried to look outside the FEL arms, but the face plates were not visible. On the DK45, the face plates and implement slots are visible directly in front of you and outside of the FEL arms. My DK45 is a breeze compared to the NX. I will say the 2 pin-locking system is much better than the single-arm locking on the DK45.

The NX four-wheel drive will not engage. The dealer just told me there is a factory recall because there is a ground problem on the four-wheel button – plus a recall on the hydrostatic transmission. Now I am asking myself what I gained by buying the 50 grand NX.

If you get a third-function valve, be sure the couplings match your attachments. Mine came with poppet (Pioneer) fittings. My attachments are flat-faced, so it cost me nearly 100 bucks to change them out. I prefer the flat face because they connect easier and are easier to keep clean. A dirt dauber can build a nest in the female poppet fitting. Yes, I know they come with protective covers, and if you never mess up, you are OK.

The NX came with R-14 tires. They cut the ground up a lot more than the industrial on DK45. I plan to have a pull-off between the DK45 industrial and NX R-14. The only way I could pick up a 7FT x 38IN log was to put an 850LB counterweight on the 3-point. Even then, the R-14 still spun out partly because the four-wheel drive will not engage.

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Did you purchase it from a dealer? Can/will they address the technical issues you're having?
It may be a little to late for your purchase but I've always worked a "test drive" prior to purchase. I'd have the dealer bring the tractor to my place (not just drive around in their parking lot) so I could do some test runs like visibility, implement attachments, how it does on hills (may be unique to me) and such. All this takes me about an hour or so. In my case, the dealer(s) stayed while I did my test runs in case I had questions or issues. If I'm satisfied, I'll pay them on the spot and the tractor stays. If not, they reload it on their flatbed and take it back.

landdog49

Yes, from a dealer. A test drive is an excellent idea. Since I like my DK45 so much, I never thought about getting a test drive.

I just called the dealer (he never calls me back), and he said that Kioti had a factory recall for a faulty ground cable from the cab to the frame. He will pick it up this coming Sunday.

I told him that the bucket guide rod was missing. He said that was an option. In fact, everything bolted to the tractor is an option. Then he said he thought he had one around there somewhere and would put it on.