New Kubota RTV900XT

tucker2930

Going to purchase one of these in the next month. Any tips on must have items or things not to buy with this model. Unit to be used on a farm (mild work) and for pleasure in central Texas. Thanks for any comments.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome Tucker2930. I bought mine with the atv tires. They are much better than the ws tires for our cattle farm because the lugs clean out . I have the spray in liner and like it- I do have a piece of plywood in the bottom as well.. Good luck. bordercollie

GreenWannabe

Gold Site Supporter
Yes, welcome, and enjoy your new RTV!

There are several sticky threads in the RTV forum that discuss such things as tires, stick stoppers, accessories, etc. You may view them at http://www.nettractortalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133. A lot of good information on how to equip your RTV there. Of special note: Peanut's stick stoppers, the high-rise air cleaner option, and the standard spark arrestor.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
congrats on your new RTV. :thumb: :clap: :clap:
Now, you are going to share a pic or two of it with us aren't ya?
While pics are not required we all sure do enjoy them. :)

RSAW

Tucker 2930, I just got a new RTV900XT last week and have put only 4 hours on it just getting use to it. Today when I took it out to clear some logging roads it wouldn't even pull up a 45 degree slope in low range with just me in it. Not sure why but it just doesn't have any power.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Tucker 2930, I just got a new RTV900XT last week and have put only 4 hours on it just getting use to it. Today when I took it out to clear some logging roads it wouldn't even pull up a 45 degree slope in low range with just me in it. Not sure why but it just doesn't have any power.
Rsaw, that isn't doing right. I can pull a 500 lb mineral trough on skids with the 2011 RTV 900, in high..

tucker2930

Turbo maybe in the future.

RSAW I kind of agree with you on the power. When I go up a steep hill in low it seems to strain a bit. I wish it had more power. I may start looking at a turbo for mine.

pepr

SUPER Site Supporter
Back off on the accelerator when going up hills. Yes, that seems odd; however, that's the design of the VHT.

I too have a 900 xt. Have climbed so steep hills with it without problems other than spinning out.