ko4bg

Site Supporter
Hello, I'm Woody, and have a 2008 Kubota 900 I've had it for many years and just found this Forum! A lot of very good info on here, I put a New Set of 25x10x12 Grim Reapers on it today haven't driven it yet. I own a Farm in N. Alabama and it comes it mighty handy For an Old Man that can't walk worth a Crap anymore~ My Friend who owns the Service Ctr. I carried it to told me that he had seems some problems with the Diesel RTV's and the Grim Reapers, he said the 900 was too Heavy for those tires, even at 8 ply. What do you guys think??
Thanks
Woody

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum!
I "think" there's a few here that run those tires and I don't recall there being any issue.

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Welcome Woody! Take the per tire max load and multiply it by four. Then subtract it from the weigh of the RTV. That will tell you the rough net weight you should try to carry. That is the formula I've used. The other members may have a better way to look at this. My tires are Blackwater Evolutions 26x11x12. Max load per tire is 1430lb at 34PSI (I don't normally run them nearly that high). 1430x4=5720. Minus the 2,000lb RTV weight gives me about 3720 pounds carrying capacity for the tires. So the tires are more than capable of carrying the X1120's max payload of 1510lb. I hope this helps.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
are they 8 ply or 8 ply rating? there should be a load range and pressure spec on them. i think as long as you keep the top speed down to 60 mph or less you should be ok. wink

ko4bg

Site Supporter
Thanks Guys, I'm afraid I may have messed up the Max Load is around 500 Lbs and I think the 900 weighs around 2k, So I may NOT be able to carry much at all, Dang the bad Luck, I guess I should have Researched further before I bought, I let the 8 ply (rating) fool me!! Oh well I guess its the First Mistake I ever made so that's Not too Bad!! LOL, And Around the Farm is all I use it for, Too Broke Down (Disabled Vietnam Vet) to do Much except think about what I use to do!!!

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
just keep about 20 psi or a little more in them and carry all you want. i don't think you will hurt them.

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Woody, Welcome to the Forum!:tiphat: Glad you found us!

jim

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Woody !! Welcome to the best RTV forum around !!. :)
I went through a lot of different tires on my first 900 that I put ovr 4000 hrs on, and while the weight limits are important, you can probably get a lot of use out of the ones you bought. Since the RTV weighs about 2000 lbs empty, you are on the edge, but not way under at least. I did love my Black water Evolution tires with high weight rating) for the record. bordercollie

Reactions: Doc

ko4bg

Site Supporter
Hi Woody !! Welcome to the best RTV forum around !!. :)
I went through a lot of different tires on my first 900 that I put ovr 4000 hrs on, and while the weight limits are important, you can probably get a lot of use out of the ones you bought. Since the RTV weighs about 2000 lbs empty, you are on the edge, but not way under at least. I did love my Black water Evolution tires with high weight rating) for the record. bordercollie
Thanks Guys, if I make it to another set (in my shape its doubtful) I'll remember that~~