New to forum,have a question........

fummins

Looks like you guys have one heck of a knowledge base here.I currently own a Rhino that suits my needs,but have chance to pick up a two year old Kubota RTV with winch,lift,aftermarket wheels,gun rack through a distess sale for $7,000.00 I remember back when i was pricing before I bought my Rhino the Kubota was $10,000 plus with no options.Just wanted input as I dont know their aftermarket value.Thanks.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<TABLE class=CAMultiPage id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___EditorPages_table cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<TABLE class=CAPageContent id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___ComposePage style="DISPLAY: block; WIDTH: 100%; HEIGHT: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0>
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top">
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr_PostForm___Reply>fummins </DIV></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

How many hours, what shape is it in ~~ with these machines, you cannot always go by how many years it is.... Mine is EXACTLY one year old, and it's as in the same shape it was when it come from the factory.. PLUS, it has all the accessories on it.... So what I'm saying is, at two years old, and has the accessories on it like it is, and don't have BoKoo hours on the unit, could maybe be a deal....</P>

Tire & wheels, winch, heck, that's a chunk of money there !!!!</P>

But another thing you can do, make 'em a offer, you never know !!!! Might save much $$$$$$ ~~~~</P>

rapracing

I agree with what has already been said. Look at the hours and really look over the machine for abuse or neglect. You may also want to see if they have a service record from the dealer. That would give a good indication of any issues. Maybe even talk with the servicing dealer.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with the guys, fummins. I would like to know the hrs. though. I probably wouldn't take 7000 for mine right now because I couldn't replace it without adding a lot$ to it. If this isnt a dealer then you wouldn't be paying tax ...is that right where you are?If the person did their own maintance, did theydo it on time and correctly? I would be hesitant to buy if the oil had seldom been changed .That is if the hrs were up there.Check out the rubber components underneath for damage, also the fuel pedal for wear if hrs are questionable.If the hrs are indeed low I would be glad to have this because Ibelieve this to be a great price.Wanta trade ??Haha Good Luck, Bordercollie[&][&]1871 hrs and counting

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Hey fummins, welcome to the forum.

Do you know which model it is? (Turf, Worksite...)? Is it camo or orange? Does it have the OEM hydraulic dump for the cargo box?

If it's clean and has low hours, the price is pretty reasonable. If you do a search for the RTV in "completed items", it'll show you what they're selling for. Basically, the clean ones do hold their value.

I'm sure you know, but the Rhino and RTV are completely different machines. The similarities end after you see they have 4 tires. Although most RTV owners are always smiling when they're driving it, the "fun factor" isn't like a Rhino. The RTV is primarily made to work. Heck, it would barely even notice if there was the weight a Rhino sitting in its cargo box.