no hydro pressure

Junior01

Hi. First time post and needing help. I have a 2016 RTV500 with 125 hours. While driving the other day, with no load on level ground it made a small metallic noise much like clipping a small tree with the snowplow blade. Then it just coated to a stop. No reverse, no forward. I have checked and the transmission shifts and feels like it is working correctly when I disconnected the shift linkage and moved the shift lever from neutral to forward, and reverse. Wheels of the ground they rotate correctly, one forward, the other reverse etc. I also changed filters and fluid in the hydro system but no change.

I am sure there have been others that had this same issue, and I am hoping for some guidance. I am really leaning toward the output shaft from motor to hydro pump.

HELP!

Junior

rigwarsbob

I bought an RTV900 with the same symptoms. I took off the back plate (where the brass plates are located for hydro pressure) and I found ball bearings in the case. The main pump bearing came apart. I took the motor/transmission and differential out, but now I know I can take that main pump bearing out from the back with everything still in the machine.

I bought the machine for $2800 and I spent $54 on a new bearing, and $150 on new gaskets (which I wouldn't have needed if I just left the transmission alone). Plus another $100 on hydraulic fluid.

Now its running fine.

Take that back plate off and see if you have any metal in that reservoir.

Junior01

I attached a pic of the hydro pump unit. Is this the same one as on your 900? The plates you reference, are they on the front side of pump toward the front of the machine?

Attachments

• 4666A5A6-6B76-45AC-8859-1EC5AA469E14.jpeg
    4666A5A6-6B76-45AC-8859-1EC5AA469E14.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 19

rigwarsbob

Mine was on the very back of the machine. The plates are wear parts and are designed to be replaceable.

Attachments

• 20210113_165234.jpg
    20210113_165234.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 35
  • 20210114_084603.jpg
    20210114_084603.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 35

Junior01

Ok. Took hydro apart but found no issue. Pulled engine off of the hydro and found the output shaft sheared off. It’s back together and I now have a pulse on initial acceleration. Also now have a vibration at speed. I am figuring it is a cable/linkage adjustment or a relief valve not working properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Rtv500

trout

I bought an RTV900 with the same symptoms. I took off the back plate (where the brass plates are located for hydro pressure) and I found ball bearings in the case. The main pump bearing came apart. I took the motor/transmission and differential out, but now I know I can take that main pump bearing out from the back with everything still in the machine.

I bought the machine for $2800 and I spent $54 on a new bearing, and $150 on new gaskets (which I wouldn't have needed if I just left the transmission alone). Plus another $100 on hydraulic fluid.

Now its running fine.

Take that back plate off and see if you have any metal in that reservoir.
I have the same symptoms on our rtv900 and found ball bearings in the inner reservoir today. Any info on replacing those bearings with opening up the transmission would be appreciated, The main pump bearing shaft seems to have a clip or something holding it inside the transmission.
Thanks