Onfoot has time on his hands!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Now that is nice. I like that !!!! >>>>>>>>>></p>

</p>

>>>>>>>>>>>> two guns <<<<<<<<<</p>

Onfoot

Very creative and impressive woodpile! Obviously somebody with time on his hands! As for me, last two days found me canoeing from town to home with a friend visiting from England--so a photo of us on the snowbank before launching the canoe and then a shot from the river. Finally, went for a hike on the ridge behind the house and got a nice shot of the wind turbine. Life is good!/cs/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.14/PICT0001.jpg</p>

/cs/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.14/PICT0013.jpg</p>

/cs/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.36.14/PICT0014.jpg</p>

Onfoot..................</p>

Hope you didn't tip the canoe...or is that really a tobaggan disguised as a canoe???...Beautiful country up there...Can see why its sometimes referred to as "Gods Country".....What time is sunset up there now???</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Onfoot,have to say, I am touched at these photos. That is some of the most beautiful sights I've ever seen.</p>

Youare very lucky person Onfoot.God hasblessed you my friend. </p>

>>>>>>>>>> jamie</p>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
WOW Onfoot, That is grand!! It is good to enjoy life's blessings and have such a nice quiet "yard." Bordercollie</p>

doggman

Man, that sure makes melong formy days in Labrador, Quebec, and NWT. I didn't think anything could get me to miss black flies but those shots are inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to post them. </p>

Onfoot

One of the pleasures of this time of year is that the mosquitoes have not yet 'come out' in any number. Too cold at night. And not many blackflies at any time of year, fortunately. But it can be deadly in the woods at the height of mosquito season! (Used to be able to get Muskol that was 95% DEET--it really worked, but you had to be careful not to get it on plastics, which it tended to melt!)</p>

As of today, sunrise in Whitehorse is 5:17am and sunset is 10:37pm. But it is light from about 3:30am until near midnight with dawn and dusk.</p>

Onfoot, </p>

I saw a wind turbine just like that west of Whitehorse last fall. Can one see it from the Alaska Highway? We stopped for a coffee at the Whitehorse Starbucks in the early hours. You live in some beautiful country.</p>

Onfoot

[quote user="forest dweller"]</p>

Onfoot, </p>

I saw a wind turbine just like that west of Whitehorse last fall. Can one see it from the Alaska Highway? We stopped for a coffee at the Whitehorse Starbucks in the early hours. You live in some beautiful country.</p>
<div style="clear: both;"></div>

[/quote]</p>

If you saw a turbine like mine, than it must have been mine, as I am pretty sure it is the only Proven turbine in the Yukon. And yes, you could see us west of the Alaska Highway if you were looking at just the right spot at just the right time and had good eyes. Our Google Earth coordinates are: 60 degrees, 47 minutes, 43.75 seconds North and 135 degrees, 05 minutes, and 50.15 seconds West. So you can look and see if we were the turbine that you noted.</p>

No argument about it being beautiful country! We are blessed to live here. By the way, there are now two Whitehorse Starbucks! :)</p>