Ontario Insurance

Rosemarie

Does anyone have insurance for your RTV that isn’t insured as a car in Ontario? Looking to take the machine off of my property but insurance is too expensive. Don’t want to take unnecessary chances without proper insurance. We have a license plate for our Kubota. Do you require to wear helmets as well?

ItBmine

I've been riding mine without helmet or insurance. I've talked to 3 OPP officers and the RTV seems to be a real "grey" area.
They said I "should" have insurance to protect myself from being sued if anything ever happened, but the RTV falls into that farm tractor/construction machinery category requiring only an SMV triangle on the back. Kubota Canada told me that is why they will not raise the top speed on them, because then it wouldn't fall into that class.

But if you do want insurance try calling George Rappos. They just saved me. I bought a new dirt bike and couldn't get insurance anywhere for it, because it is a European bike and the VIN is registered as a "motorcycle" not a motocross bike, so it requires an M license which I don't have.
But Desjardins insured it because it clearly states on the bill of sale "Race Edition" and they were the only broker smart enough to look at that.
George Rappos, Agent
George Rappos Insurance And Financial Services Inc.
1271 Gorham St Unit 12
Newmarket, ON L3Y 8Y7
905‌-895‌-7775 | Toll free: 1-866‌-921‌-3444
george@georgerappos.com
georgerappos.com