Our first restoration

JDA 3020

My dad and I found this old rusted unstyled JD "BR" out in a field one rainy afternoon. It was in pretty tough shape .

JDBR.jpg

We brought it home in the shop and began work to bring it back to life. As you can see the head was missing and one piston, so we found a "donor" tractor and scavenged parts. This was the first tractor I painted, since this one my son also has painted some of the others in dad's barn.

We are pretty happy the way it turned out.

100_3385.jpg

shinnlinger

Thats pretty cool, do you work it all or she a parade special.I'm not passing judgment one way or the other, just curious.

Does she have a 3pt?

JDA 3020

do you work it all or she a parade special.

Does she have a 3pt?

Between dad and I we have 15 antiques (mostly his) and only one time have we ever put any tactors in a parade. (1999) We had 3 Minneapolis Molines a U, RTS and a Z that we drove down mainstreet for the local parade. We get asked all the time to bring some of them to the tractor shows, but so far we never have. Dad will put 3 or 4 out in front to show them to the passing tourists, then a few days later put something else out there.

The BR is not 3 pt. equipped.

Here is a pic of some more of our iron with my dad on the 60 and my youngest son on my grandfathers Huber, one of those times dad wanted to give the passing motorists a free show;)
Huber.jpg

A few more in the barn waiting to get dusted off and put outside.

100_3379.jpg

And this one is my dad with his Silver King. I do want to mention these old antiques are mostly dad's and we help him out whenever he needs it, but he is pretty active at doing most of the work even at 82 years of age.

100_3377.jpg

3 of a kind.

3ofakind.jpg

I don't consider any of these as trailer queens since we do fire them up and use them to pull a wagon somewhere, or to move something depending on what is needed. The 60 standard and the AR generally get a little time on them pulling a disk or a field cultivator over to dad's place, in fact if you look closely you can see the 60 is hooked up to a hay wagon at the time. By the same token they could be cleaned up a bit and go to a show if we ever decide to do that too.

Thanks for looking!

Mark777

Thanks for sharing!

I have seen you Dad's Silver King somewhere before and it's still a pleasure. I haven't seen the MM's and the JD's...great restorations and beautiful equipment.

Mark

shinnlinger

That Huber looks like a beast! We dont have to much old iron up this way except for the occasioanl 9N or farmall cub. Just too rocky and hilly for big agricultural machines. I always enjoy taking a side road on my out west trips and seeing machines like you "BR" sitting in a prickerbushs.

Glad you guys are saving examples...It is a nice link to our past...as good a machine as it is, I dont think any one will ever want to put my Kubota in a museam or seek me out to enter a parade with it.