Photo posting

L

Loner16

I see that everyone posts their pictures in boxes 640x480. I'm not the most computer literate person in the world, but i get most things figured out..
I guess i better downsize my pics. I don't want to use excess bandwidth or cause folks on dial-up problems. Since Imagestation closed down,. I have been using Photobucket as a host..
Can anyone offer any assistance?

Mith

If you upload pictures to the site using the 'manage attachments' button it will automatically resize the pictures for you.
If you are uploading the pictures to photobucket it will automatically reduce the size of your images to what you specify in the dropdown box below the 'upload images & video' box.

See this link on how to upload to the site server.
See this link on pretty much everything else.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Loner, if those links don't answer your questions just post a follow up here.

No need to resize. The image in the post is considered a thumbnail. If you upload a larger image when we click on the image in the thread we'll see a larger version of that pic (as long as you uploaded a pic that was larger than the default thumbnail).

L

Loner16

Thanks gentlemen!

I did it! I was forced to learn more about photobucket than I ever wanted to know! :wink:

Thanks again, but i'm sure I'll have to refer back to this thread often until it sinks in... You know what they say about old dogs and new tricks!