Problem w/2020 X1100C

GFC

My X1100C with 100 hours on it has a problem: when I turn the air-conditioner on, within just a few minutes the front fan begins to turn on and off, cycling every few seconds. The AC cools great; low and high pressures are good. The receiver dryer sight glass shows coolant level is okay. I have replaced the coolant sensor that screws into the thermostat housing and the relay under seat that controls the front fan.
The front fan continues to cycle. The dealer cannot locate the problem. HELP!

ItBmine

Mine cycles lots too unless you are moving and have air going through the rads. I wouldn't worry about it.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
your compressor is probably cycling the same as the fan. turn your cold control knob down a bit maybe and run the fan on high. probably have an overcharged system.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Lord knows I have had the same problem. (If it is really a problem) Posted a while back on it.
My AC cycles on and off with the fan on my 2014 . I bought gages . vacume system refilled. pressure is fine .
This was in the spring. I have used it all summer Cools fine. But drives me nuts !
A previous poster .... I bet he will chime in assured me this is normal .

GFC

The Receiver/Dryer with High-Low switch unit was replaced. It made no difference in the rapid cycling. The Kubota rep said that is normal behavior for this unit. This rapid recycling of the AC compressor and front fan will reduce the life of the compressor and fan motor. It will probably last long enough for the unit to be out of warranty when they do fail. When this happens, the owner like myself, will have a large expense to replace all the failed components. So now my question is do I sell this 150 hour unit before it goes out of warranty??? Kubota has a problem with the X1100C, and they should move forward with a recall to address it.

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
Ahhh So it is a Problem .. And not the way it Should work .. Hmm
Well my 2014 has 1100 hours and 8000+ miles on it.. a/c still cools fine.. But MAN that cycling drives me nuts !
One would think that after all those years they would address the problem.
It does seem it would cause massive ac clutch stress that is not needed..

Mork

Normal for these machines. There is also people who stated they have thousands of hours on their machines and it did not effect the longevity of the AC pump.

ItBmine

I think people forget these aren't trucks with giant cooling rads and condensers. There is a lot of heat that gets trapped in there with the engine packed in underneath like it is. And the cab is like a fish bowl being black with all that glass. It will cycle lots unless you are moving steady and putting wind through it.