Protecting the Alternator!!

MRBASS

After 56 hrs I have noticed corn and many other things all over the alternator. Seems that space between the cab and the bed is a clear path to the alternator.</P>

Tried to do the right thing today and help the wife work in the yard and we were using this Landscape edging when i had this great idea.I dissapeared for about 30 mins with a piece of this black plastic and cut it to 52" then measured from one end 2 7/8" to the first hole and then from the center of that hole 11 3/16" to the next hole and then the same to the next 4 holes using the existing bolts and nuts on the front bottom of the bed.Took some scissors and cut the grove off the bottom drilled the holes and used 1 flat washer on each nut to secure the plastic.This stuff is thin and flexible and protects the alternator the fuse box and everything that is exposed.30mins start to finish and now my alternator is protected from all thecorn that falls between the cab and bed. Check it out...............</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Now that's nice.....I like that set-up !!!!</P>

Mr. Bass,</P>

Get me a couple of pics of your back window. Not in no big hurry, just when you get a chance, I sure would appreciate that ...... I fixin' to have to make that move to cover the back mesh >>>>.</P>

The idea on keeping the corn out of the alt is great., when we pull up to the augers at the silos filling everything up for the transport to the deer feeder, CORN GOES EVERYWHERE !!! Filling the trailers is not so bad, but when we go to fill up the containers in the back of the RTV. It does go everywhere, even in your boots ~~~~~~ [:D]</P>

[:$]</P>

MRBASS

Down your shirt,in your pockets. CORN goes everywhere.. Wife always complaining there is a handfull of corn in the washing machine.!</P>

Will get you some pics in the am.!</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thank you Mr Bass ~~~~</P>

Sounds like Mrs.Bass knowsthe corn situation is too !!!! Folks would be surprised where I have found corn at ...... </P>

Thanks MrBass. I like this. When I was first looking at these machines I thought the alternator was kind of open to stuff falling on it. I was going to try and take an old section of a treadmill belt and mount it to the frame over it. yet thewiring and such sort of seemed in the way.</P>

your idea works perfect, I also have a peice of this edging left over from a project that I did not know what to do with [:)]</P>

So guys when the corn ends up in the dryer... does it pop? [:)]</P>

</P>

glenn</P>