Proud new owner

Hi all. Yes, I am a proud new owner of a new RTV900 Worksite, w/Hardtop, soft doors, hydraulic bed and power angle snowplow. I have just spent the last hour reading through the forum. A lot to consume. I'm impressed w/the product loyalty and the willingnees to share the knowledge. Reminds me very much of my other expensivetoy - '06 Road King Classic. </P>

The unit I purchased was built July 07. Reading through the forum and the known issues, one must ask, at what point did some of these improvements get incorporated into current build. Do I need to be concerned w/the fuel tank/cap issue? Driveshaft rattling? Anything else?</P>

We'll (wife & daughter) be using this on our farm, pulling the manure spreader, harrow, fence work (yippie) etc. And of course, snowplowing as we are in Northeast.</P>

Appreciate any advise, guidence or just good ole information you can offer a newbee.</P>

Happy Holidays and remember to keep all 4 on the ground!</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Stuck ~~</P>

WELCOME * WELCOME * WELCOME !!!!!</P>

Come on in, RTV owners ALWAYS has their ears on !!!</P>

If you read the some of the threads, that's great, but some you need to pay attention to :</P>

ONE ~~~ Need to learn about and how to run the " two Stage " transmission to get all the performance out of your machine. Two ~~ Use ours on the farms & plantations also, one of the best investments your will EVER make, is the ROPS High Rise Air System .</P>

Three ~~ Take off the spark arrestor, it will clog up QUICKLY, and slow down your performance.</P>

You will love your new machine, and it will take care of all your needs on the farm !!!!</P>

</P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Stuck in NJ, Welcome!!!I agree with Two Guns .....This machine is great for fence work and farm duties. I welded together a frame for my hi tensile wire spinner and mount this in therear receiver hitchwhen fence building. It makes fence worka lot easier. I spray our small pasture paddocks with a pull behind boomless sprayer and just lovethe RTVfor this too. Let me know how the manure spreader works as everyone is telling me that the RTV will get covered with "it" and really smell. I don't want the "Hoss "to smell but I would sure like one of the ground driven rigs. Tellus your name for the" rig" Most of us have one for ours.What type of tires did you get? Enjoy your new workhorse it "eats " very little and works hard. Bordercollie[&]

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your RTV!!!

The gas cap and driveshaft rattles shouldn't occur on your machine. It happened on the older ones.

Not sure what else I can add at this point since the big things have been addressed. You may want/need to change tires if you got the HDWS.

I'd propose you consider a seatbelt for the middle of the bench seat for the third passenger.

Wow - I can feel the passion you all have for your machines. Thank you all for the replys. I'll respond to all in this thread.</P>

1) Two stage trans - have read the comments and will be teaching myself, wife, daughter how to use properly. </P>

2) ROPS High Rise Filter - any idea if you can mount this and still use the rear cab curtain?From the photo's it appears to mount to the rear protection mesh screen.</P>

3) Tires - I did get the HDWS (looks like a very knobby snow tire).My thought was 1st they would do less damage to the lawn and pastures and 2)if they didn't work well,I would get a second set of wheels and mount ATV tires. Appears 27" is the tallest I should go with. Don't want no stink'in body lift!</P>

4) Manure spreader - I use a 25 bushel ground driven machinemanufactured by Country Manufacturing. Up until yesterday, I pulled it with a 250cc ATV. I did have to fabricate a shield to prevent manure being thrown backwards from the rear beater. But never had an issue of the ATV 'collecting cubes'. Unless you are driving over what you just spread, I'm not sure how that could occur.</P>

Thanks again for the responses and warm welcome to the forum. I'll do my part to keep the passionalive and as soon as we (defined as wife and daughter)come up w/a name, I'll post it on the site.</P>

stuck</P>

</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Stucky ~~</P>

They make I think three or four different High Air Filter Systems for RTV's, just depending on what model you have. They have one for you !!!!</P>

With a little experiance, you, the wife & daughter, will have this two stage running down to a tee ~~~ The more you run the RTV, the better you will get. We all have had to learn it. It's a beast within itself !!!</P>

The tires, I have 27" ITP's, along with several others on this forum. Know most of use don't have the lift kits, for we don't need them. I'm running the 589's, some others are running the ITP Mud Lite Radials, and have NO problems at all ~~~~ Several folks think that the 589's will tear up the lawn, but I have notyet, had any problems, I go anywhere, front of the house, back yard, side of shops, around the silos all around the farms where there is " pretty grass " that nobody would want to tear up, haven't done any damage yet !!! Myself, during the purchase of the RTV, got the ATV tires, they also, don't do what we needed around the farm. We now, are getting into the worst mud, swampy areas that winter sets in for us, and I run 95% in two wheel drive, anywhere I need to go, where I couldn't even think about it in four wheel drive with the atvs. </P>

Be sure to remove your spark arrestor >>>>></P>

Send me a P.M. and give me your email address threw it !!!</P>

Stuck welcome to the forum and to the world of the RTV.</P>

</P>

Air intake.. most of the pictures here.. are of the intake that mounts to the rear screen. They do make one that mounts to the metal roof.. so that the rear window can be used.</P>

</P>

glenn</P>

</P>

</P>

struck in nj-no longer?</P>

Another welcome to the forum. It is the best place to learn the ins and outs of the very fine rig you just purchased. My wife just loves ours and I am sure your wife and daughter will too. Probably so much that you all will have to take turns driving it-depends on what you are pulling though. </P>

This is a great cross section of folks that can fix about anything and will share with everyone else. One thing about being on this forum is you have to share too. Look forward to hearing from you. Got some friends in nj that come deer hunting every year back here.</P>

nick</P>

Nick</P>

Thanks for welcome. I look forward to many chats and sharing.</P>

<FONT face=Garamond>Wife & Daughter will be pullingmanure spreader and hay tofeeders. I'll be usingfor fence mending, general pasture maintenance and a little fun. My daughter heads back to college in a couple of weeks so she is getting as much seat time as possible. I'm waiting for the next snow fall so I can try out the snow plow.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Garamond>I need to thank Jamie aka Two Guns. He is a fountain of knowledge and has stirred my imagination. We spoke on the phone for close to an hour. He gave me some pretty good ideas. Now, if only my walllet holds out long enough to see some of the ideas to fruition. </FONT></P>

<FONT face=Garamond>My list (and growing)consists of the following:</FONT></P>
<UL>
<LI><FONT face=Garamond>Frt mud flaps</FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT face=Garamond>High rise air filter intake kit</FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT face=Garamond>Rhino line thedump bed, cab floor and roof</FONT></LI>
<LI><FONT face=Garamond>27" wheels and tires</FONT></LI>[/list]

<FONT face=Garamond>But the tme I'm done with those, it will be bike riding season again, so my attention willturn to the Harley.</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Garamond>Happy Holidays</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Garamond>stuck</FONT></P>

<FONT face=Garamond></FONT></P>