Rattles?

ItBmine

I have to go outside later and crawl under the RTV and check fasteners. Anyone have problems with rattles on the 1100's? Mine just started after 4 rides. Sounds like skid plates vibrating? I did have to bend up one of the exhaust shields previously.
It's like a vibration resonance.

It only does it at idle standing still in gear, but it is enough to annoy me, LOL

Westfield

My X1100C seemed to be making a rattling noise. I have a hand throttle so I turn the idle up just a touch and the rattle went away.

ItBmine

Thanks Peter. That was the first thing I fixed. Then it was an exhaust heat shield. Now it is coming from underneath the floor boards right at the front.
I didn't get a chance to go look at it today.

ItBmine

I went to do the rubber hose over the tailgate pins after I saw that tip posted here.....but I would have had to grind the latches larger for it to fit. So I just put two wraps on electrical tape over them and that was all it took. Seems to be holding up so far.

man00

I went to do the rubber hose over the tailgate pins after I saw that tip posted here.....but I would have had to grind the latches larger for it to fit. So I just put two wraps on electrical tape over them and that was all it took. Seems to be holding up so far.
Tape works fine for me too, I found using rubber hose or too much tape and the tailgate would drop down.

Peter James

This is my bumper made from a piece of truck mud flap. It was just the right thickness and does not interfere with the operation of the latch. Held on with a couple of Pop Rivets so it could be easily re[place if it ever wears out.
Peter

IMG_20210605_112701029 (Medium).jpg

ItBmine

That'll work good too Peter. My latches are pretty gummed up on the back. They weren't shy with the bedliner spray.

FTG-05

Thanks Peter. That was the first thing I fixed. Then it was an exhaust heat shield. Now it is coming from underneath the floor boards right at the front.
I didn't get a chance to go look at it today.
I'm getting a rattle from the engine area for my XG850. What did you find and fix?

Thanks,

man00

I had rattles beside the tailgate, mine were part 030 and 040. 040 had wrong size bolt/nut that was cross thread
850.JPG

ItBmine

Check all your heat shields too. If they are just barley touching each other they will resonate. I had to just pull on a couple of mine a bit to give them a hair more clearance between each other.