rear tailgate options & winch

SoAZrancher

We just got our first Roxor in December. This is a work vehicle for our cattle ranch. Can you change the tailgate from a side open to bottom drop like most pickup tailgates? We haul 200 lb protein tubs in the back and usually drop them into Roxor with tractor bucket. Wondering if we could have a regular drop tailgate - then have a winch installed right behind the front seats (2 seater) to slide it in from the tailgate. ALSO a winch behind the seat with a ramp - you could slide one in from ground level. Would this work??

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi SoAZrancher, welcome to the forum !! I'm not sure about the winches but anything is possible . I tried using the hydraulic bed on my RTV 900 to move those tubs and had to shield the drop down tailgate with heavy plywood to keep it from giving in, when I slid them out and then shifting around while driving in the pasture. It would have been better to have the side gate. (for me anyway) . I loaded them with the skid steer back then. If we ever went back to the tubs, I think I'd just slide them out with the side gate so it would be out of the way. The Roxor roll bar is too narrow for my skid steer bucket unfortunately.
I also came up with a "loading ramp the same height as the floor of the Roxor if I ever need to load really heavy stuff. Just back it up with gate open and slide it in. When you are short and weigh a lot less that what your loading ,you have to improvise I guess. ;) I do love the Roxor though. !

SoAZrancher

Thanks- the loading ramp -same level is a great idea. The sideways tailgate is nice when offloading tubs or feed. We use a light cargo strap and just loop it around the tub - and each end connected to the little strap loop on the sides - this keeps it from slipping around while we drive. Then un-hook the strap and use it to pull the tub out. Yes we are very happy with the Roxor! Thanks!!

SoAZrancher

Does anyone have suggestions on improved seating. My husband says the seat is uncomfortable when he drives for very long. I am planning on getting the carhart seat covers that are available - maybe i can put a full seat cushion under it??

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi, I'm 5 '2" so had trouble reaching the pedals even with the seat forwarded all the way.. until that is I ordered some seat covers . The first time I went cheap and just put a pillow behind my back.. not attractive and kept falling down. Then I ordered the seat covers made for dogs. They are holding up well although fading a bit. The material is a good sturdy type and has enough room to hide my back pillow. I don't have a pillow underneath though. I think a small one might fit. I'll try to post a picture later today. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ACDVETG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 If you look at these, check out all sellers because some listed over on the side or at the bottom have better prices.. I paid $26 each for mine.
edit to say that these are real complete bucket seat covers .

Last edited:

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Picture of seat cover with pillow underneath

Attachments

• KIMG0060 seat warmer.JPG
    KIMG0060 seat warmer.JPG
    989.5 KB · Views: 6
  • KIMG0413 seat cover.JPG
    KIMG0413 seat cover.JPG
    952.1 KB · Views: 6