Rear Windshield

MRBASS

I considered many options and thought i would try this first. Total cost was less than 20.00.</P>

I went to Home Depot and got a piece of 1/8" plexiglass that was precut 28x48 and some longer bolts and lock nuts. I just used the factory bolt holes for the rear screen but used a longer bolt so I could have a lock nut holding the rear screen and then a washer on top of the nut, then the plexiglass and then another washer and lock nut.the lock nut on the plexiglass is not really tight at all, just snug enough to keep the glass from moving.The hoels in the glass are over sized to keep the bolt from hitting the glass also. I used some of those left over rubberisolators that came with the windshield at the top as a spacer/cushion to keep the glass from flexing going down the road on the trailer. So far many 70+mph trips and no cracks yet. Really wished i had gotten the 1/4 plexiglass as it is much stronger but so far this is working just fine.</P>

</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
That's going to be one of my next projects for the RTV ..</P>

Thanks for the picture and statements !!!</P>

</P>

rapracing

<FONT size=5>[6]</FONT><FONT color=#0000ff> <FONT face="Courier New" size=4>Yikes!!! 70mph on an RTV is bookin'.... <FONT size=5>[:D] </FONT><FONT size=4>Just funnin'...nice job!</FONT></FONT></FONT>

ez chair

Great job! Two Guns, I think I will copy it before you get a pattent and call it a Kubota accessory and charge $275.00. 70mph? How did you get the trans in netural going down that big hill?????????

ez chair

OOPS!!! Should have gave MrBass the credit. Sorry about that was to quick on the trigger when I saw the antlers. Is the Texas deer or elk? Also how did you two get those pictures under your name?

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Yes, Mr. Bass deserves the credit for sure !!!! He has a very nice set-up.... That something I need to do !!!!</P>

Also, his deer has bigger horns than mine ~~~~ makes mine look like a dwarf ~~~ [:O]</P>

MRBASS

Actually the 70+ mph i stated was on the trailer,backwards which causes the rear windshield to catch all the air.I went on a hunt a few weeks ago in south texaswith the RTv on a 12ft trailer.and my buddy driving.When I looked over we were runnung about 85mph. So far so good,,no cracks yet.!

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Well, how did you come out on the south Texas hunting trip.I see that ya'll got there kinda quickly.</P>

I would imagine you and your buddy drove a little slower with all that weight of that harvested meat in the back [:D]</P>

Also like your tool box in the back ~~~ [Y] </P>
<CENTER></CENTER>

<FONT face=Arial size=2><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=5><FONT size=6> ~~~~ Two Guns</FONT> </FONT></FONT></P>

MRBASS

I shot a nice little buck that scored a145 and my buddy got an old doe that field dressed 155lbs.! I had a GIANT buck that would have scored 200+ walk in front of mebut was told it would cost me $10,000,, so i passed and shot the little 145 instead.. This was a free management deer hunt so i couldnt really complain.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
As long as you and your friend had a good time, that's all that matters !!!!! Yes, the bigger bucks cost $$$ on them quality hunts >>>> But the fellowship is everything . Isn't nothing wrong with a 145 buck !!!!</P>

I do the deer management thing, and been managingour deer for years & years, and you wouldn't belive the folks that cannot understand why I let some of my BIG bucks walk. They see some of my camera shots, andsome of them acts if they are going to pass out ~~~~And please don't get me wrong, I've dropped my fair share of nice bucks. But, if people don't let some of the quality deer walk away, keep yourherd & doe density in order, and manage your deer herds properly, you'll never have anything in the future worth anythingfor you to hunt !!!! My WHOLE world revolves around my deer& hunting !!!!!</P>

ez chair

In Maine, If you bag a large buck, you don't pay extra, but are rewarded by free membership in the State's Big Buck Club. State of Maine Patch is worn on your jacket identifing you as a member of this elite club. Weight of buck must exceed 200lbs. All hunting is in the "Wild".

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
All we get here is bragging rights in Lousiaina, but wish they would have a rewarding system like your state, it would be nice.</P>

All my deer are also in the " wild " , but on private property the farms & plantations.. Have many, many people threw the state wanting and willing to pay BIG money to come hunt on our property. They have seen pictures,witnessed /some of our kills that has come out of these woods,and know what I've got on this property, But, being real nice, I just tell the NO..... I've worked very hard many, many years to get my deer herds like I want them. Having the monster bucks that we have on this place. Have had this place built up EXACTLY like I wanted it to be for about 20 years or better. I keep the buck / doe ratio perfect, keep the deer density perfect. Plant all winter / summer plots. Also, they have plenty of food all year round because of the crops raised up on the farms ... Have certain sections on the farms, that the return crop of the wheat, oats , & soybeans go directly into grain silos for the deer during the winter months that there is no crops in the fields.... A nice patch on the jacket would be nice for all that work !!!!</P>

[:D]</P>

<FONT face=Arial size=2> </FONT><FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=6>Two Guns</FONT></P>