RTV 1100 Doors

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
Question for you RTV1100 owners outthere. Can the doors be removed easily for thesummer? Looking at picturesthey seem to be mounted on pins much like the Curtis cab, so perhaps they lift off as well. I know the cylinder would have to be removed but unsure if the pins are loose enough to slide the doors off.</p>

</p>

G

</p>

not without some work. Its not a Curtis cab (its MUCH better). </p>

solitude

Hi Brian
yep doors come off pretty easy they are heavy and akward though.
Just make sure when you put them back on you reinstall the e clips
on the hinges.I left them off(pain to back on) and thehold open piston lifted the door up out of hinges and bent stuff up as it fell off. I was sick. Make sure you put E clips back for sure.
Pat</p>

jik

I had the same thoughts you have about the doors before I bought our 1100. You would never get me to take off the doors. If you want air the front window shield will hing out for plenty of fresh air. I wanted A/C and we use it all the time. Cab is better made than anycar or truck on the road. Have a good day. </p>

I have had the doors off mine twice this summer. I spray with a hand wand-drive way, lake perimeter, etc....-from 60 gal sprayer in the bed. Also, my wife uses it a lot in the yard and it is easier to get in and out with the doors off. I put the same latch extensionon the right door as is standard on the left door-ability to leave the door about 4 inches open and still latched. I don't really think the doors are that bad to get off or put back on. I take the cylinders off first when taking the doors off and putthemon last when putting them back on. Just don't loose the little e-clip while off. I bought a couple extra just in case. Just be careful removing the e-clip from the bottom hinge so you don't lose it. </p>

There are just times when the doors are more convenient to remove when getting in and out a lot of times. I think the doors are easier to remove and replace with them in the open position because you can have on hand on the frame and the other hand on the door handle.</p>

Nick</p>

</p>

Brian Bolger

Site Supporter
Thank all of you for the replies. All good info and helps clear things up. I'm looking to go to a 1100.</p>

</p>

Tsunamibob

We have one door off often. We take the spring loaded rod off (permanently on the right side) for spraying right of way. The e clip and washers we store in the cup holder. The door is a little awkward but after you remove it a couple times you get use to it. I will take a pic and post Monday.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Wow big difference with the door off.

i didn't realize the opening was so big. That's some spray rig, thanks for the pics.