RTV 900 2008 model ...quit running and wont start

banjo

Just a little update. The rebuilt injector pump is doing fine, but I want to give a little incite to others that may come down this path. DO NOT remove the piece that the fuel solenoid is mounted on. I did as I mentioned earlier as I was just about trying anything to find out what was wrong with this machine. When I took the bolts out and tried to check it out...I tore the gasket....bad deal...there was a spring on it that I didn't want to unhook. I then had to order a gasket because after putting it back on it leaked profusely... the problem with reinstalling that gasket is there is a spring that goes out of site back in the engine...God and the engineers and maybe a few mechanics knows what its hooked to or how its connected back in there. You have to take the spring off the plate to get the new gasket on. I was fortunate enough to reach back in there with a pair of long nose pilers that have a bend and find the spring that I couldn't see and get it hooked back up after installing a new gasket. I havent installed the extra fuel filter that I bought and may not. It has a place for an extra hose, and I don't know what to do with it....guess I could just stop it up. I havent' even permanently attached the electric fuel pump...just a couple zip ties...seems to be doing the job. Just mainly wanted to let you good folks know that if you take that piece off that the fuel shut off solenoid mounts to you are in for trouble. I thank everyone on here for the help I have received over the years and didn't want to leave a thread unfinished. Banjo

quid_non

Glad you got it going Banjo! Thanks for the troubleshooting tips.
Any chance you can take a picture of that problem area you described around the fuel solenoid? Sounds like a key area to avoid if I need to do a similar repair.
Thanks!!

banjo

Sorry I took so long to respond…..just haven’t had the time. The part in question is next to the injector pump…toward the cab… almost looks like they are made together. In the picture with the shut off solonoid it’s right under it. I would not recommend taking it off unless you are a kubota mechanic….I was fortunate to get the spring back out.

Attachments

• 2462E373-34CC-407E-9AE9-FB8D84B12AC5.jpeg
    2462E373-34CC-407E-9AE9-FB8D84B12AC5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 17
  • 54B1B814-2C49-4F11-A1AC-11BC66A7E975.jpeg
    54B1B814-2C49-4F11-A1AC-11BC66A7E975.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17