Rtv 900 and 1100 oil capacity

c0ke

I just changed the oil in my 2006 rtv 900 and 2009 1100 and I looked for the oil capacity for each machine and I think the 900 was around 3.3 quarts but couldn't find the quarts for the 1100.

Also I noticed 2 oil filler spots on the 1100. I've never had a engine with 2 filler spots before. What's the best way to fill?

Mark.Sibole

Make sure they are both for oil.One may be for hydrolyc fluid.I cant remember off hand what the oil amount for the 900 is but the tranny is 2.2 gallons but if memory serves me the oil is just over 3 quarts.Kubota generally has specs listed on their web page on fluid levels.Remember when changing hydro fluids if you have the hydro dump box i believe there is a seperate res for that fluid.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
I agree with Mark. :) The older 900's have a separate plastic reservoir for the hydraulic dump . If you don't have the manuals, you can get that information on capacity at Messicks eqpt by doing a search at their site. They also parts diagrams etc . They are a sponsor of this forum and great people to do business with. collie
edit : found this on capacities- They also say to call with serial number if any questions so information can be verified. http://www.messicks.com/wiki/kubota/rtv1100 then click on maintenance for list.

c0ke

Yah. I know it's for oil as the hydraulic for the 1100 is at the back and under the seat. This one is for the oil that's on the engine. One on the top of the engine and one a little lower. I took a picture and circled the filler screws. I will upload a picture.

Also I found the link for the rtv 900 for the maintenance and the oil capacity but I didn't find it for the 1100. I guess I will look again.

**edit**found it 4.3 quarts**

Attachments

• IMG_6037.jpg
    IMG_6037.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 78

ovrszd

The two fill caps are for varied uses of the same engine. Some equipment might only provide access to the one on the valve cover. Some equipment might only provide access to the one on the side of the engine. Fairly common to see this in engines designed to be used in many different vehicles.

c0ke

Ok. I just never seen this before and was wondering if I needed to put some oil in one and some in the other. But I guess I didn't need to. Thanks.

ovrszd

Ok. I just never seen this before and was wondering if I needed to put some oil in one and some in the other. But I guess I didn't need to. Thanks.

No worries. Like I said, it's common. My Yanmar engine on my JD2210 also has two. Only one that is accessible is the one on the side of the engine. :)