RTV-900 Cab Mirrors New Style Cab

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
I've installed the new cab on my 04 900 and would like to know if anyone would have pictures or a part# for the exterior mirrors that fit the newer style cab. I've looked at a bunch of websites but all the mirrors I see are for the older style cab that fit on the hinges not the slide back door model I have.

Thanks in advance. Bob

Wild Bill

I had these Bad Dawg mirrors before I got my cab and I got them to work. I did not use the extension blocks and obvioully didn't use the straps. I ended up drilling and taping the black metal in front of the doors. No pics as of yet. I will get some and post them for you.

milkman

I got those Bad Dawg mirrors and use them on my 900 without a cab and like them without the extensions. I can see well and they don't stick out as far, no problem adjusting them.

Wild Bill

Here is where I mounted mine. Not sure how I like them there. Last night I was getting pretty mean reflection in the drivers side mirror that somehow was showing me the snowplow. I will say that was without any aux lights. I have new front and rear lighting on the way that might solve that problem.

Note: I have them mounted in front of the doors so they will work with the doors open or closed. To do this your line of sight to the mirrors runs between the door frame and the roll bar. Not a whole lot of room there. I’m hoping that it works.

avantiguy

Super Site Supporter
SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks Bill

Nice installation. I see you also have the wipers, have you used them yet and did you install one or both.

I'm still not sure about where to install mine, as I have a set like yours. I think I'll let you run point on how you like them there. Please keep us informed.

Bob

Wild Bill

I have one wiper for the drivers side. I couldn't install it per the manual. It would have been wiping right over a couple of bolts. It is kind of in the way of your vision but I don't see any other way to do it.

I just tried different arm positions and lengths until I found something that I disliked least. Kind of stinks that it only has a 90* ark. It could clean a lot more of the windshield than it does.