RTV 900 Kubota windshield latch part #s

Jrainw

I purchased a used Kubota RTV 900 with the Kubota cab and the windshield latches were broken. The Kubota cab is is made by Curtis and parts aren't easy(at least for me) to find. I ended up ordering Cub cadet latches CI-9SV-WL1 and they are an exact fit, and cheaper than Kubota.

You wouldn't believe how much sleep I've lost reading this great forum, so I thought I'd try to contribute. :)

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Jrainw Thanks for the information on latches. I am sure it will help many. and Welcome to the forum ! :) :) bordercollie

Jim_S

Super Moderator
SUPER Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome to the forum! :tiphat:

Thanks for the info!

Jim

D&D Farm

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Welcome aboard !!!! THANKS FOR THE ADVICE AND INFORMATION. I went through a roll over awhile back when my hired hand zigged going down hill when he should've zagged.........This was the only part that was damaged. I guess the windshield was stressed and instead of the glass breaking the latches did.
You are so right in looking everywhere for these things. I finally ended up CALLING Messicks parts guys who are so good about figuring things out for you. I ended up getting the thing there and paid the ransom as it is pretty much unobtainium.......

How you figured out that Cub Cadet would work I don't know; but GLAD YOU DID......God bless.....Dennis

Mark.Sibole

if any effort is put into looking for replacement parts you can generally find one from a different manufacturer that is an exact fit.Not to many companies will make a special part just for their machine when there are so many already made parts.
When I replaced the wore out front SV joint boot Kubots still wants 50 bucks for them.American CV has the same boot for 16 bucks and in a worse case scenerio they have complete axels at 50 percent or less of cost from Kubota.Its sad when Kubots charges you an arm and a leg for older parts hell for newer parts too.They act like their parts are gold plated!!!!!

Jrainw

It was funny, the instructions with the latches show a Kubota windshield. They are made by Curtis cab and sold by a lot of OEM's.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Put Mark's source ( American CV) in your hat for sooner or later. They have good boots or did when I ordered mine years ago. bordercollie

Vette62

RTV 900 Kubota windshield Part #

For anyone looking for the part numbers for RTV900 Kubota windshield latch. Just purchased one today at my local Kubota dealer. Kubota Part # is 70000-01061. Dealer sold it for $48.50. Just happened to look on Messicks their price is $42.33 plus shipping for the same part #.

Jrainw

vette62 that's great! My dealer couldn't find individual latch numbers, only a kit that was quite a bit more than that.