rtv fenders

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
wheezer asked me to make him some fenders so with the help from him sending me one of his fenders and also the help of twoguns posting some pictures of some fenders this is what I came up with.i got one built and i'm working on the second one now.it might not look like it but sinse my press only bends thing 24" wide I had to make the fenders out of about 25 pieces and welded them all together then buffed the welds down and yes it's time consuming one fender took about 25 hours.

lb72.jpg

yxm6.jpg

sjrt.jpg

o98g.jpg

xmdj.jpg

9u68.jpg

pxdp.jpg

9u68.jpg

c7x3.jpg

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Peanut, you have got the talent! :thewave: That is a great job for sure- You have always had my respect and now have proven it once again !! :thewave: collie

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Wow peanut. Very impressive. I have to agree with wheezer. You can indeed make anything. GREAT JOB!!!!!!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
thanks guys I sat down in my shop for half a day just looking at the rtv fender and a sheet of aluminum trying to figure out the best way to make them.i must have went through most of the 200 songs stored in my phone before it came to me. I have adhd really bad and i'm always on the go but to figure out stuff with no interruptions I put my ear phones in and turn up the music really loud then I can think about stuff with no problem. I ended up cutting the main plate then I cut 4 strips about 7" wide and 24" long and layed out where by bends was gonna be that's the plate in one picture that looks like a music sheet. after that was bent I welded a straight section of it to the sides and then started cutting little pie sections out to form the curves .sisne the aluminum was only 1/8 thick it kinda warped on me so after welding it all together I went back and hammered out the kinks then after all that was done I took two strips and welded them to the ends where the mud flaps bolt to that way it would look like the rtv fender wheezer sent. i'm still undecided about putting a 2" flatbar around the outside edge for extra strength.if I would ever get my hands on an rtv I could make a crap load of stuff including a metal or aluminum hydro tank for them.there is a dealer not to far from my house that I pass everyday going to work. I stopped there one day and was taking some measurements and the guy walked out and asked if he could help me. I told him I make stuff for the rtv's and was just getting measurements for something. in so many words he told me to pickup me tape measure and leave and if I wanted any measurements all I have to do is buy the rtv from him and then I can take all the measurements I want.i asked him if there was anyway that if he let me get measurements for stuff that I could make things for him and he could sell them at the place for his customers.and also if he had a customer that wanted anything made he could call me and I would make it.he took me inside and gave me this little 3 or 4 page accessory book for the rtv and said bota makes anything you would need for the rtv I gave him back his book and left.

I have been asked to sell stuff on ebay and I have been sent emails in the past but I tell everyone that I just make parts for members of this website only well it was messicks site at the time but now it's docs site but that is still the goal for me to help people on this site and this site only so if anyone wants anything made they have to come to this website to get it or they can go to the local fab shop and have them make it. just think about it I used 3/4 of a sheet to make these and 1 roll of wire the sheet was 200.00 and the wire was25.00. now I charge a minimum of 40.00 an hour for labor like most shops do the first set of fenders is always the longest ones to make because it's a new thing to make but after the first set it's all good from there. by the end i'll have about 50 hours on them but there is no way in hell I would charge that for these. wheezer is gonna get a deal of a life time on these.lol

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
Peanut you had my heart racing pretty good there until that "deal of a lifetime" part. : ) Just let me know what I owe you. I'll be the talk of the town with custom made fenders. It's gonna cost me a lot more than I pay you because then I'll have to upgrade the rest of the RTV to keep up with the fenders.

Wonder what I ought to do about the beat up box sides. I think the previous owner of my RTV hauled rocks or something. The sides of the box are dented and have rust on the top where he wore the paint off. I can't afford to do anything about it right now but I see that a new tailgate costs about $100. Not too bad considering prices of some of the parts ($235 for a rear brake cylinder).

It's also beaten up on the underside. All the protection plates are dented. Even the oil pan has a big dent in it. Anyone ever replaced an oil pan? Do you have to pull the engine or do you cut and re-weld the two crossbars under the engine?

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I might be able to do better than 100.00 on the tailgate or I can do it for the same price but i'll make it out of thicker plate that way it won't bend and dent so easily as for as the oil pan if it ain't leaking don't mess with it.

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
Might talk to you about a tailgate as my next project down the road. I believe I will just skip that oil pan dent concern. Thanks, Peanut. : )

wheezer

Goofy Member
Site Supporter
Brand new fenders on my RTV! Here's a pic of peanut's artistry installed on my 2007 RTV, ready for Christmas with nieces and nephews. This year they'll have two RTV's to ramble in. : )

Attachments

• newfender.jpg
    newfender.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 178

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Looks like factory fenders.had to do a double take .thanks for posting a pic of them.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Hey Peanut,
You have surprised me again.
The fenders look perfect my friend !!!!

You have got a gift !!!

Magic Man for the RTV's !!!!!

............ jamie

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks twoguns.my puter is down right now but as soon as its back up ill post some pics of th bbq pit.I done a little bit more sinse I snt you pics of it

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Thanks twoguns.my puter is down right now but as soon as its back up ill post some pics of th bbq pit.I done a little bit more sinse I snt you pics of it

Great !!!! I be looking forward to them.

Heck, the way that BBQ pit looks. You might just wake up one day and find it
in my neck of the woods !!!! :whistling:

........ two guns

Keifer

Gold Site Supporter
Peanut:

Very nice craftsmanship on the RTV fenders. You have the touch and patience of an artist working with metals.

I might add, any Forum member out there running their RTV's without Peanuts
"stick stoppers" need to contact him and order a set before you damage something. Just saying...!

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
I can send twoguns some pictures of the pit sn maybe he can post thm for me.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Ok members, here is Peanut's
BBQ Device
Coonass Certified

This is something to see !!!!
Hey Tommy, You Good Mister, Yea !!!

...................... :2gunsfiring_v1:

Attachments

• pit 1.jpg
    pit 1.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 117
  • pit 2.jpg
    pit 2.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 117
  • pit 3.jpg
    pit 3.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 116
  • pit 4.jpg
    pit 4.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 117
  • pit 5.jpg
    pit 5.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 116
  • pit 6.jpg
    pit 6.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 117

urednecku

Dang that sure do looks nice. Might be a good thing I don't know where ya live, I might would have to do some "moonlight shoppin!!"