RTV-X Maintenance

Armyaviatr

SUPER Site Supporter
When rebuilding my kubota X1100 all the suspension grease fitting were dryer than a pop corn fart. Upon disassembly i could'nt find any indication that they had ever been greased. After replacing all the bushings and bolts I decided to make a maintenance chart. I found in the owners manual that Kubota recommends greasing the fittings every 50 hours. Does everyone grease every 50 hours? If not then how often?

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I grease every time I can talk myself into it.…. at least at every oil change. (100hrs)

Amarillo

I picked up my 1100 yesterday and had the service manager go over the unit with me. I asked him what I needed to pay attention to and asked, "What do you see go wrong on these most often"? He said that most often people don't grease enough, miss grease Zerks or fail to grease at all. According to him most parts fail or wear prematurely due to lack of lubrication. I had him show me every fitting on it to make sure I won't miss any. With the price I'll be paying on this, I want to take care of it. My dealer said they use Lucas Red and Tacky to hit the Zerks.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
You change engine oil every 100 hrs???
Yes…. every 100 hrs.…Oil and filter, blow out outer air filter (replace every 500 hrs) and grease all zerks. I’m coming up on my 600 hrs and I’ll also change out the hyd fluids (Super UDT2) and filters (the Mx sked calls for 400 hrs…I’m overdue on that.)

ItBmine

I grease mine every couple uses or after every ride where it's in water. I figure grease is cheaper than parts.

Shop foreman at the mine I work at tried to tell me the RTV's are junk because they are constantly replacing suspension parts and bushings. But I think it has more to with them being driven by idiots that don't own a bolt in them, and them being on the almost zero maintenance plan.
I HIGHLY doubt anyone bothers to touch them with a grease gun.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I grease mine every couple uses or after every ride where it's in water. I figure grease is cheaper than parts.

Shop foreman at the mine I work at tried to tell me the RTV's are junk because they are constantly replacing suspension parts and bushings. But I think it has more to with them being driven by idiots that don't own a bolt in them, and them being on the almost zero maintenance plan.
I HIGHLY doubt anyone bothers to touch them with a grease gun.
Which model Utility Vehicle did he think was superlative? (the brand HE owns?) :sneaky: