RTV X1100C with snowblower

Westfield

no. you can buy a small SS disck that has a tiny orifice in it. you take off the tip on the return line slip in the disc and then replace the tip.
So this is not normal operation? Do you think Kubota Dealership would have a fitting with smaller orifice. I will definitely have to check out my quick disconnect to see how to take them apart to put a disk in there with a smaller orifice and also measure of the existing office to see what size it is. I guess this would be trial and error on the orifice size until I can get it to slow down

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
my guess is that there isn't an orifice installed. the fittings will just unscrew with a pair of wrenches. if you look at the fittings closely they will probably have some numbers embossed into them. that would be a part number that you can google probably to get the thread spec and dimensions so that you can order an appropriate orifice adapter. is the blower power up and gravity down? or power both ways?

extrafu

I wish I had that much snow to plow. I have a question for you when you lower the snowblower does it lower slowly or does it slam to the ground? On mine when you press the button to bring it down it comes down quick not a nice smooth motion. I'm just wondering if this is normal or not.
Mine comes down pretty smoothly. I noticed the rattling sound when it's way up, but when it's down the ground, it's pretty silent. There's still a fair amount of hissing sound - hydraulics, similar than with my excavator.

I've used it only once so far, for about 45 minutes. I need to do an inspection on everything to make sure all is fine, which should be.

Westfield

my guess is that there isn't an orifice installed. the fittings will just unscrew with a pair of wrenches. if you look at the fittings closely they will probably have some numbers embossed into them. that would be a part number that you can google probably to get the thread spec and dimensions so that you can order an appropriate orifice adapter. is the blower power up and gravity down? or power both waaurthuritis
I have two hydraulic lines going to the cylinder so I would imagine it is power-up and power-down. Do you think I can take that fitting off where I have the arrow drawn take it apart there and put a fabricated stainless steel discs in there? The last picture is of the lower and lift cylinder it has two hydraulic lines connected to it

Attachments

• 20201128_063557.jpg
    20201128_063557.jpg
    982.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 20201128_063959.jpg
    20201128_063959.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
  • 20201128_070015.jpg
    20201128_070015.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
no sir i wouldn't use the disc type at all since you have power down. i wouldn't place the orifice on the tractor side because it will affect every attachment. i would put it in the hose from the attachment side

Westfield

no sir i wouldn't use the disc type at all since you have power down. i wouldn't place the orifice on the tractor side because it will affect every attachment. i would put it in the hose from the attachment side
Thank you aurthuritis for helping me out again. I always learn a little something from you to. Now I have to figure out what I want to do.

Westfield

Yesterday I got home from a long day and I actually get to use the snowblower. That thing is scary to get used to at night. Of course I had to do all the snow blowing after dark so I couldn't see very good, i will not do that again! . But it's going to take a little getting used to compare a walk behind snowblower. I get some more practice tomorrow morning we are supposed to have 7 inches by the time I wake up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doc

Westfield

Sounds like some fun seat time. How'd it go? Any pics?
No pics yet doc. I want to get used to driving with the snow blower running before I have my wife take a pic. I don't want to run her over. It was a lot easier snow blowing today than it was last night that's for sure. I am going to check the oil in the gearbox / clutch. I noticed there was no snow on the gearbox so I touched it and it was hot. Damn it sure does a nice job.

botayota

Hi Guys, I'm following this thread, I'm going to check out the RTVX1100C at a couple local dealers, I've been wanting a UTV for a few years
to tool around the farm, and also snow plow my 600 foot hardpack driveway. Looks like the snowblower works well on this machine, I was originally going to just consider a plow since I have a snow blower on my tractor.

Westfield

Hi Guys, I'm following this thread, I'm going to check out the RTVX1100C at a couple local dealers, I've been wanting a UTV for a few years
to tool around the farm, and also snow plow my 600 foot hardpack driveway. Looks like the snowblower works well on this machine, I was originally going to just consider a plow since I have a snow blower on my tractor.
The snow blower works very nice on my asphalt driveway, but when you go off road 2 blazing Trail you really have to know what is under the snow. This machine is a beast. you only have about 5 inches of ground clearance once you install the snowblower see if my pic below. When you disconnect the snowblower when spring arrives all the drive components for the PTO stay on the machine so you will always only have 5 in clearance.

botayota

:wave:The snow blower works very nice on my asphalt driveway, but when you go off road blazing Trails you really have to know what is under the snow. This machine is a beast. you only have about 5 inches of ground clearance once you install the snowblower see my pic below. I love my Kubota X 1100 C with a snowblower it is the cat's ass in snow removal!!
Has the clearance been an issue for you? I've been using an old jeep wrangler to plow my driveway the last 10 years, but the jeep is about dead, and the plow needs an overhaul. so it's time for a new machine.

Kingfisher

I also have an 1100c with the snowblower and it is great. I have had a couple of issues with ground clearance but they are minor. I have very steep terrain and there are a couple of transition points where my driveway levels at the road and at the bottom of my drive that it will scrape if you are not careful. I run chains on mine due to the grade and ice. I have sets for all four but have actually found running chains all the way around make it too slick when there is no ice to bite into. Chains on the back bare on the front and I was blowing 36 inches of snow up a 30 degree grade, no problem. I had a great company in Lubbock TX make me some custom wheel spacers to I had better clearance for the chains. I had to do the measuring and the spacers where dead on. Th guy milled them so the hub is solid so no need for the rubber cap I’ve the axle nut. Here is some pics,DA991BE9-9A7C-489E-B877-27806FEE80F9.jpeg

Attachments

• B6AEE058-B1B3-4A5F-8F3C-D04F1771AAA9.jpeg
    B6AEE058-B1B3-4A5F-8F3C-D04F1771AAA9.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 477CD98D-4702-444D-A3D8-FE0B02B538E6.jpeg
    477CD98D-4702-444D-A3D8-FE0B02B538E6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
  • 86ED6EB1-C266-47F5-A248-819A7F3F7B12.jpeg
    86ED6EB1-C266-47F5-A248-819A7F3F7B12.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
  • 0A4C494E-AAB5-4CD1-961D-1658F05B6BF8.jpeg
    0A4C494E-AAB5-4CD1-961D-1658F05B6BF8.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 9

Westfield

I also have an 1100c with the snowblower and it is great. I have had a couple of issues with ground clearance but they are minor. I have very steep terrain and there are a couple of transition points where my driveway levels at the road and at the bottom of my drive that it will scrape if you are not careful. I run chains on mine due to the grade and ice. I have sets for all four but have actually found running chains all the way around make it too slick when there is no ice to bite into. Chains on the back bare on the front and I was blowing 36 inches of snow up a 30 degree grade, no problem. I had a great company in Lubbock TX make me some custom wheel spacers to I had better clearance for the chains. I had to do the measuring and the spacers where dead on. Th guy milled them so the hub is solid so no need for the rubber cap I’ve the axle nut. Here is some pics,View attachment 12684
By the picture I can tell you have very steep Terrain. Nice looking machine! I read somewhere on a different post that wheel spacers could cause the drive components to wear out faster. I do not remember if it was a reliable source. It's still taking me a little while to get used to all the controls because it only snowed here twice. But so far I have enjoyed my Kubota I hope you enjoy yours as much as I've enjoyed mine. If you have questions or problems there is a lot of very helpful people on this site don't hesitate to ask if you have a problem. I have asked for help on here many times and working with the gentleman and ladies on this site has been a pleasure they are very helpful.

Last edited:

Kingfisher

It was the dealership that suggested spacers. I’ve heard that there is potential for wearing parts faster on higher speed machines. I don’t think it will be much of an issue on our rigs.

extrafu

I also have an 1100c with the snowblower and it is great. I have had a couple of issues with ground clearance but they are minor. I have very steep terrain and there are a couple of transition points where my driveway levels at the road and at the bottom of my drive that it will scrape if you are not careful. I run chains on mine due to the grade and ice. I have sets for all four but have actually found running chains all the way around make it too slick when there is no ice to bite into. Chains on the back bare on the front and I was blowing 36 inches of snow up a 30 degree grade, no problem. I had a great company in Lubbock TX make me some custom wheel spacers to I had better clearance for the chains. I had to do the measuring and the spacers where dead on. Th guy milled them so the hub is solid so no need for the rubber cap I’ve the axle nut. Here is some pics,

Where did you get those chains from?