rtv x1100c won't move

today my x1100c decided to stop moving i have all my hydraulic steering and power dump but it won't move in any gear and makes a growl noise in the hst just when you give it throttle kind of sounds like something may be stripped spline or coupler on a shaft i could work on it myself if i knew were to begin also i've checked the oil in hst and its full any info would be great

Iron mike

Did this happen all of a sudden or were there warning signs. Mine is doing the same thing but gave me a little warning in the way of having a pausing/slipping power output.

Did this happen all of a sudden or were there warning signs. Mine is doing the same thing but gave me a little warning in the way of having a pausing/slipping power output.

My son was driving he said it just quit I’ve got it in my shop now if you jack it up it still won’t do anything it’s more of a squeal than a growl I’m thinking it’s a charge pump issue just a guess though

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
is your ebrake linkage frozen in the applied condition? does the engine pull down like something is in a bind?

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
so. it is jacked up rear wheels free from the floor? engine running and in all gears H,L,R it does the same thing? engine doesn't pull down? does it squeel in nuetral? whhels don't turn

and the wheels don't turn when its in gear jacked up off the floor if i put it in 4x4 and hold the diff lock the back wheels don't spin by hand so i assume the rear diff is working properly it really sounds like something stripped like a coupler on a shaft or a shaft lost its splines

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
since it does this in neutral the problem is most likely in the HST. the HST spins anytime the engine is running and pushing the go peddle puts the hst through its paces but it just isn't connected to the wheels through gears. does your wheels turn freely by hand when in neutral? what year is the machine

i think its a 2015 i can't find any info about trouble shooting or working on the hst are there any common problems i can look into or is this going to be a dealer thing

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
it is up to you and your ability and desire to tear into the hst. it isn't terribly complicated or difficult to repair and most problems can be fixed while still in the machine but you really don't know until you open it up. most dealers will lean towards install a rebuilt unit. there are also private repair possibilities like transmission shops. probably should drain the oil in both transmissions like on the other thread of Iron Mikes to see what the oil says??? and move from there. the X1100C models are just now starting to fail so common failures are just getting established. there is a bearing in the swash plate bearing that has a plastic cage that has been known to fail. a fairly easy fix.

checked it .its in the check range about the middle isn't the tank under the seat just for hydros and power steering ?i've got someone coming over to cut the filter open i'm hoping its a spline off a shaft cause thats what it kind of sounds like otherwise its not gonna cheap does anyone know about what it cost to reman the hydrostat

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
tank under seat is the reservoir for the HST. there are a couple of splined couplers between the output and input shafts going through the gear case to the hydro. the pumps and motor are also splined onto the shaft. i can't imagine those failing. most likely a bearing failure would be my guess or it could be the valves in the valve block on the main hydro pump. it could be the charge pump is seized and stripping on the drive

i went and filled it to the top of the check range it didn't change anything it only make the squeal /grinding noise when you idle it up at an idle it makes no noise output coupler maybe? i ask my son again now he it was kind jerking and then it would go then it quit all togther he's eleven so thats the best info i can get

after reading iron mikes thread maybe a filter collapsed im going to get some new filters i'll cut open the old ones and if theres no metal try filters first unless you think that would be a lost cause does the hst tank drain plug have a magnet on it

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i think an oil change with sudt and oem filters is always a good place to start. i don't think Iron Mikes problem was a filter collapse though. his filters were plugged though with parts from the transmission. cutting a filter can give you much useful info about what is going on inside the unit.

aurthuritis

Site Supporter
i hope it turns out something simple and cheap for you. but as an encouragement to you, it's not that complicated really. no clutch packs or that kind of stuff either. would you mind sharing the hours and miles on your machine? year of mfg? did you buy it new?