RTV_X1100C Mirrors

ItBmine

So I'm thinking of ordering the outside rear view mirrors for my 1100C. Just so I have better view down the sides when I am snow plowing.

Are they any good and can they be folded in or removed when I am trail riding in the bush?

Semper-Fi

So I'm thinking of ordering the outside rear view mirrors for my 1100C. Just so I have better view down the sides when I am snow plowing.

Are they any good and can they be folded in or removed when I am trail riding in the bush?
I ordered the Kubota mirrors. And "Never Again" Kubota completely missed the boat in their design. You cannot keep those mirrors remotely stable. All over the map. Completely useless. Do not buy kubota mirrors.

ItBmine

Too late, LOL After I posted i did some forum searching, saw some that were real happy with them, so called my dealer and ordered.

Guess I'll find out. I only want them for when I'm snow plowing. Will likely stay off during summer when I'm trail riding.

Doc

Admin
Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Some were already on the x1100c I bought used. I think they are Kubota eq. I like them. They will move out of adjustment with the slightest hit on a branch but I prefer that to staying stiff and breaking. They do okay, but I use the inside center mirror most. Would not be without all three.

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I have Kubota mirrors…and yes they can be bumped out-of-position without much difficulty if they are hit with a branch…but they don’t break and are just as easily readjusted back into position. They remain in position unless struck….they don’t just move on their own.

Reactions: Doc

ItBmine

Thanks, good to hear. I have nothing to hit when plowing. It's just a pain backing into the shed or around things using only that center interior mirror.

Westfield

Thanks, good to hear. I have nothing to hit when plowing. It's just a pain backing into the shed or around things using only that center interior mirror.
I also have the Kubota mirrors on my Kubota 1100 C to me they are okay but they do come out of position if I happen to have the window open and I accidentally slam the door. Like everyone says if it's rigid it will break off.

Semper-Fi

I also have the Kubota mirrors on my Kubota 1100 C to me they are okay but they do come out of position if I happen to have the window open and I accidentally slam the door. Like everyone says if it's rigid it will break off.
Yep, you will be adjusting a lot.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
I'm pretty sure this has been discussed many times before. I replied to a similar thread months ago and remember telling the OP that if he were to find a better solution, he'd make a whole lot of peeps very happy. Most of us have the crap factory ones, and just make due. IIRC my friend at Helibars might have made something, but I can't remember too many details. I'll ask him and report back

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
I just got off the phone with Harry at Helibars. He came up with a neat little extender that brings the mirror down to a better angle, but unfortunately does not address the loose ball and socket problem :(. But for you tall guys I think it's a great solution. You certainly can't beat the price, or build quality! Check it out here. I'm ordering mine now before you all sell him out ;)

Westfield

I just got off the phone with Harry at Helibars. He came up with a neat little extender that brings the mirror down to a better angle, but unfortunately does not address the loose ball and socket problem :(. But for you tall guys I think it's a great solution. You certainly can't beat the price, or build quality! Check it out here. I'm ordering mine now before you all sell him out ;)
I watched the video and it didn't take me long to order a set. Getting the mirrors out farther will definitely help me with my snow blowing. Thanks for the info! PS if you want to watch the video you have to Google (Helibars Kabota)

Last edited:

coobie

Too late, LOL After I posted i did some forum searching, saw some that were real happy with them, so called my dealer and ordered.

Guess I'll find out. I only want them for when I'm snow plowing. Will likely stay off during summer when I'm trail riding.
FACTORY MIRRORS SUCK

coobie

I have Kubota mirrors…and yes they can be bumped out-of-position without much difficulty if they are hit with a branch…but they don’t break and are just as easily readjusted back into position. They remain in position unless struck….they don’t just move on their own.
Not true they are made out of CHEAP plastic and need to be adjusted all of the time.Over tighten the Phillips screw heads in the factory mirrors and let us know happens.

ItBmine

Like I said, too late, already at dealer. If they don't work I'll take them off and consider it a lesson learned.

Bota Fett

Site Supporter
Do yourself a favor and purchase GROTE mirror # 28252-5 about 1/2 the price..
This is what came back on my search for that product. Maybe I did something wrong.

Just got my Helibars mirror extenders the other day, very well made and finished. I can't wait to try them. I'll take some pics after the install.

Westfield

I installed my Helibars mirror extensions.
Pros
Better adjustment
Better vision
Mirrors AR Bolted in a much better place.
Cons
Mirrors still move when I slam the door with the window open. I thought maybe that the ball connection is straight instead of cocked now I would have been able to tighten it up a little more.

I think I'm going to experiment a little bit with a spear mirror I have. Instead of that little tiny screw that tightens up the ball joint I'm a drill it out for a 6X32 socket head cap screw and maybe put some small washers on each side to compress the Joint better.

Attachments

• 20210716_110139.jpg
    20210716_110139.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • 20210716_110110.jpg
    20210716_110110.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210716_110057.jpg
    20210716_110057.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20210716_110042.jpg
    20210716_110042.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
  • 20210716_110027.jpg
    20210716_110027.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 15
Last edited:

Westfield

Thanks bota
I will let you know how the larger diameter screws work for the mirror socket. I just don't know when I'm going to get around to get to it.