Stand & RTV

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Built a few stands that wasbeing made for I could pull with the RTVto what field I wanted them in ....</p>

They are being built on skids. I still have to put thetin skin on the roof & outside of this unit . Installingthe sliding windows ,and do some hardware touchingup, install a comfort chair >>> then it will to poke a barrel out the window >>></p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Material is Galvalume >>> </p>

You can get it in different colors, but being this is going to be covered up,didn't matterwhat color ,skin & roofwill be camo,,,,,, skin / roof will also be out of galvalume ....</p>

http://www.galvalume.com/</p>

</p>

http://www.galvalume.com/pdf/construction.pdf</p>

Man down here has a machine, that forms this stuff in any way you can think of .... it bends, crimps, makes notches, pops holes, curvers, twist , cuts, mashes, rolls, insert stable stamps & crosses, ( like on the sides of gerry cans ), just about anything you can think of ....</p>

It is solid, and it will be there for many years >>>> and is not heavy not one bit !!!!</p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
when you sent me them pics i thought it was aluminum but it seems to be the same stuff they made a house out of right up the road. they only used wood for the cabinets and shutters and maybe the molding everything else was made out of that stuff. the house has been staning for 9 years now with no storm damage what so ever.</p>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
That thing is sweeeettt!</p>

I'd like to see the skin. Around here, that kind of framing is available (but rarely used in home construction but there's a lot of commercial).</p>

I don't know if the skin would work around here. We have too many trees and such that drop things that would make one heck of a racket against something metal. Isn't rain drops/noise a factor?</p>

Deerlope

Jamie ,</p>

That is too good to put out in the field. Instead you should put it in your living room and just keep it clean and pretty. LOL</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="bczoom"]</p>

That thing is sweeeettt!</p>

Isn't rain drops/noise a factor?</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]Thank you bczoom,</p>

NO SIR, the rain drops is no problem !!!! I will explain it the best way I can .... The metal is fastened down and secure so much, that it doesn't make the noise you would think it would. Now it's now like the sound of it raining on the ground or you shingles, but really, it don't make any more noise than usual. Been using old tin for years, and once you get it secure on a small stand, it doesn't make that much noise..... Let me state this, if you take a piece of this material, or tin, and just screw it on the ends and not all over and in the middle, that thing will make some sort of racket when it rains, but if you screw the whole thing down tight, it will not make near the noise one would think .... I've hunted all my life, and the old stands that had roofs made of tin, had more nails and screw in them that the whole rest of the stand >>>>></p>

</p>

.......... two guns </p>

</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
[quote user="Deerlope"]</p>

Jamie ,</p>

That is too good to put out in the field.</p>
<div style="CLEAR: both"></div>

[/quote]</p>

So far, it is coming on along .... think it's going to be alright as soon as I finish it ... Installed most of the skin on it today, all but one side. Got to install the windows & roof in the morning. ( Being it don't rain )</p>

The color of the stand now is a buckskin cream color . Picked that color for it a great base color ( 1st color laid down ) when one is doing the camo thing on his hunting toys .... Wife was making jokes today to folks that were stopping by the shop looking at this thing .... she was tellingthem that all he need to do is install a central air / heat and install a Dish Network satellite system, and I could just stay all the timein the doghouse, being I stay in the doghouse all the time anyway around here >>>> It's all in good fun >>>></p>

..... two guns </p>

</p>

Peanut

SUPER Site Supporter
ythem deer will get used to any sound that isout there.around here they ain't scared of the sound of my rhino. it's best to introduce diferent sound in your hunting grounds that way the deer won't be as spooky. in a place where it' all the time quiet them deer are real jump at aknat fart from 50 yards away. now go hunting where a highway is nearby or atv trail and them deer will relax more.</p>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Stand update ~~~~ </p>

Put skin on the frame, All left to do isdo the Camo paint job, have the sliding windows ready to install, but have to wait until AFTER the bonafide paint >>>></p>