String Trimmer Mount

Have enjoyed the discussions on this forum. I have had a BX-23 TLB for a number of years and decided to buy an RTV X900.

Dealer tells me my unit will arrive the last week in August. I don't want to put a full rack on my machine but would like to put something on the bed that would hold my string trimmer. I can weld something up or purchase just not sure of the best design that would be easy to put on and take off of my machine. Any pics or recommended web sites would be appreciated.

TechJunkie

Have enjoyed the discussions on this forum. I have had a BX-23 TLB for a number of years and decided to buy an RTV X900.

Dealer tells me my unit will arrive the last week in August. I don't want to put a full rack on my machine but would like to put something on the bed that would hold my string trimmer. I can weld something up or purchase just not sure of the best design that would be easy to put on and take off of my machine. Any pics or recommended web sites would be appreciated.
Did you ever come up with a solution to this? I am looking to do the same with string trimmer and a pole saw. I have many ideas but I haven't settled on one yet.

Did you ever come up with a solution to this? I am looking to do the same with string trimmer and a pole saw. I have many ideas but I haven't settled on one yet.
Still trying to decide the best way to do this. I strapped my trimmer in the back with a bungee cord last summer but that is not a good solution. I'm leaning toward crafting a couple of brackets kind of like a gun rack and mounting them on the bed.

TechJunkie

Still trying to decide the best way to do this. I strapped my trimmer in the back with a bungee cord last summer but that is not a good solution. I'm leaning toward crafting a couple of brackets kind of like a gun rack and mounting them on the bed.
I am thinking about making removable panels for the bed that have angled brackets and Y mounts with bungie straps. I would mount the pole saw on the passenger side and string trimmer on the driver side. My pole saw is very long, Stihl gas powered pole saw that extends about 12'. Collapsed it is just a little longer than 7' I believe, I need to take a measurement. I have some designs under consideration but whatever I come up with I want it to be easy on and off. I am not sure I want to run it on the RTV all the time.