The old girl is in the shop !!!(UPDATE)

coobie

After a few times of trying to fix the drive shaft rattle my dealer is ordering a new drive shaft to fix my constant rattle,of course the front drive shaft is on back order[:'(]But hey if this fixes the problem I will be happy[8-|]I sure miss not havingmy RTV[:'(]Update!! my dealership received the front drive shaft this AM and installed it,I will Pickup the RTV tomarrow.All is right with the world now[<:eek:)]coobie[:D]</P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
Re: The old girl is in the shop !!!

[quote user="coobie"]I sure miss not havingmy RTV[:'(][/quote]
I probably shouldn't ask, but why did you take it in before the part(s) arrived? Personally, I wouldn't want to be without my RTV and would have had the parts ordered and sitting at the dealership before the RTV was taken in. Heck, if the rattle was that bad, I would have considered removing the front shaft and just use 2WD for awhile.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

You are right Bczoom,</P>

Remove the front shaft, go play till the parts come in, ain't no reason to punish yourself !!!!</P>

coobie

[quote user="bczoom"][quote user="coobie"]I sure miss not havingmy RTV[:'(][/quote]
I probably shouldn't ask, but why did you take it in before the part(s) arrived? Personally, I wouldn't want to be without my RTV and would have had the parts ordered and sitting at the dealership before the RTV was taken in. Heck, if the rattle was that bad, I would have considered removing the front shaft and just use 2WD for awhile.
[/quote]I did not know they were going to have to order parts,the dealer said 5 days max to fix it,now it looks like 14 days total.coobie

coobie

[quote user="Double Orange"]Our Thoughts And Prayers Are With You Threw These Trying Times.. With Deepest Regretes Frank[/quote]God bless you my son!![:)]It will be all better in 14 days.

DigOrange

A day without RTV is... welll... not a very good day. I think I would have to resort to fishing. Hum... I think I might take the RTV and head to the lake.
Sorry -

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter

I cannot, in my wildest dreams, imagine being without my RTV. I might be in a position to drive it everyday, but just knowing it's out there, sure makes me sleep better !!!!!!</P>

You can bet one thing, if mine was getting worked on, it would only be that day, and that day only that it would stay in that shop. If, I had that problem with the shaft thing, I would tell them in a minute to remove the shaft, I would bring the RTV home, and tell them to call me when the other comes in for the replacement ~~~~</P>

Hell, the dealer should have done it anyway !!! [:mad:]</P>

coobie

[quote user="TWO GUNS"]

I cannot, in my wildest dreams, imagine being without my RTV. I might be in a position to drive it everyday, but just knowing it's out there, sure makes me sleep better !!!!!!</P>

You can bet one thing, if mine was getting worked on, it would only be that day, and that day only that it would stay in that shop. If, I had that problem with the shaft thing, I would tell them in a minute to remove the shaft, I would bring the RTV home, and tell them to call me when the other comes in for the replacement ~~~~</P>

Hell, the dealer should have done it anyway !!! [:mad:]</P>[/quote]I agree it bothers me some,but hey I still have my kubota 326 pro ZTR and30HP diesel tractor to still play with.I guess I am getting to old to let some of the minor issues in life bother me to much[:)]coobie

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
Great, Bet you sleep alot better tonight !!! Happy Things Are Lookin' Better For You !!!!!</P>

Now get it home, & enjoy !!!!!!!</P>

</P>

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
[<:eek:)]Wonderful Coobie!! I put in a new front shaft no warranty. Rear under warranty last year.soCheck that bearing under there too. My bearing went out and had to be overnited. I had bad withdrawal too. I wouldn't wait for the dealer to fix mine Plus no trailer . did it my self thanks to BCZOOM!! Celebrate and happy dreams with the baby safely home!! Bordercollie[&]

coobie

[quote user="bordercollie"][<:eek:)]Wonderful Coobie!! I put in a new front shaft no warranty. Rear under warranty last year.soCheck that bearing under there too. My bearing went out and had to be overnited. I had bad withdrawal too. I wouldn't wait for the dealer to fix mine Plus no trailer . did it my self thanks to BCZOOM!! Celebrate and happy dreams with the baby safely home!! Bordercollie[&][/quote]Thanks for the information.I have a question,how many hours on your RTV until the bearing needed replaced?Thanks.coobie.

bordercollie

Gold Site Supporter
Gold Site Supporter
Hi Coobie, The RTV had been rattlling a lot.In fact it would clatter when I went over anything rough. I felt the front driveshaft and discovered enough wiggle room to pinch me in the front joint. Well I replaced it and noticed what I thought was the rubber seal ok in this bearing. It had a slight movement. I was in a hurry and didn't have on the glasses.{ I latter found outthat the rubber was gone and that was actually the metal rings.} The rattle continuedand a few days later not far from the house theRTV shimmied and the bearing just flat fell apart. I had went like 4 miles down the road the night before to fix the fence.I was lucky there!!Check out "rattle rattle clatter clatter " in this forumfor more details about my experience. I was glad I got the part overnited cause I had BAD withdrawal. I believe I had 15XX hrs on her. 1540 or so anyway. Good Luck and Happy RTVing. Bordercollie[&]