Thoughts on the XG850

Ohio_Pawpaw_Grower

Site Supporter
Prolly gonna have to. I tried to fix the off set steering wheel last night. Taking the piece of plastic and the nut was easy enough. Could not get the wheel off. Granted, I didn't pound the crap out of it or use drastic methods. It appears it takes a special tool to get it off. :(
It would be my luck that a pulley puller would snap the wheel or something like that. Then its my problem. That acceleration issue could be something as simple as air/fuel mixture, if it has a carb. You paid good money for it and deserve to have a great experience.

Good luck.

FTG-05

Spent several hours with my in-laws touring their new-to-them 152 acres in central TN. Fairly hilly area up and down steep hills and ravins and hollows. The only problem was me parking on a downhill side in low gear. A quick push to unload the gear and we were ready to go agin. The RTV-XG850 preformed flawlessly. The inlaws were pretty impressed. Now they're talking about getting one.

Looked at the numbers when I got home: just over 100 miles and 10 hours.

Yea, all you all are gonna get tired of hearing it: I'm lovin' it!

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
A horseshoe-shaped (U) collar is slipped beneath the steering wheel to remove it on many Kubotas. You could make one out of a piece of 10ga-1/4” sheet steel or plate.
BUT…BEFORE you continue to attempt this… are you certain you don’t have “Hydrostatic” steering? The steering wheel will not have a “centered” position with hydrostatic power steering…and the steering wheel will re-locate invariably during useage.

Attachments

• E76F65A4-51E7-47FF-99EF-C35E711A2B34.png
    E76F65A4-51E7-47FF-99EF-C35E711A2B34.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 6