TOP Speed for RTV-900?

baldwinkw

<P mce_keep="true">The weather here in my area of Idaho is finally warming up. I went to my local COOP to fill the RTV-900 and figured I would let her roll. Well the top speed I got was 22 MPH. Is this normal ? I pulled the spark arrestor to check for clogging when I got back. It was mildly clogged but no heavy build up. After cleaning I tried her again and same results. I got about 23 hours on this outfit. Anyhow I am not overly concerned cause I am not using the RTV to go fast just was wondering if the top end is consistent with other users experience.</P>
<P mce_keep="true">Hope all is well with you and yours. Have fun and stay safe.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>

doggman

<P mce_keep="true">That's about right. At yourelevation it might be1 or 2 mph slower thanthose at lowerlevels.Did you check it with a GPS or did you use the speedometer? </P>
<P mce_keep="true">We bought ours specifically to go "slow and low" with the ability haul loads in tight confines. If I want to go faster I just get ina car, bike, or plane...</P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">I agree with doggman,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> That is about right, I'm getting a little more, but I'm at sea-level. I checked mine with GPS..... Tires, tire pressure, time, will make some differance in your speed. But like your running now, it is normal !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Also, your machine will loosen up more as time goes on.</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> And much improvement will show after your first service. These machines are built really tight, take some time to loosen up, you'll findout the more you run your RTV, the better it gets. And your performance seems like it constantly improves...</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> When you do your service, go back with OEM Kubota filters, and Super UDT Hydraulic fluids for the transmission !!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"></P>
<P mce_keep="true"><FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

baldwinkw

<P mce_keep="true"></P>I am at about 5500 ft. I am happy with the performance just thought I would check experiences of others. I cant wait to see how this outfit will do in the mountains. I live near some of the tallest mountains in Idaho. Thanks for the feed back. By the way will my peformance improve after having the Bota serviced also? LOL I bet not.

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
<P mce_keep="true">BALDWINKW,</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> Yes, the performance will improve much after your first service. The more you run these machines, the better they run !!!!</P>
<P mce_keep="true"> <FONT face=JohnHancock color=#ff0000 size=4>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></P>

TWO GUNS

Site Supporter
BALDWINKW,</P>

Do you have the V4271 Kubota High Rise Intake, if not, need to install you one, it will help in performance and help your machine out much !!! Not counting your pocket book in time !!!</P>

<FONT size=4><FONT color=#ff0000> <FONT face=JohnHancock>~~~~~~ Two Guns ~~~~~~</FONT></FONT></FONT></P>

bczoom

Staff member
Gold Site Supporter
The only other thing I can add is tire height can have an effect on speed. I believe the turf model in particular is listed at a slower top speed due to the smaller tire diameter. </p>

muleman2

I don't have a speedometer but I know it goes faster than an amish kid in a buggy!! My needs are to go slow up and down some STEEP hills so I very seldom use high range unless I am on the town dirt roads. I know it goes fast enough the amish kids have to hang unto their straw hats when they ride along. Bill B.
</p>