Two Questions RTV-X1100C

ItBmine

On the dash display outer edges where all the warning lights are......should the headlight icon light up when the headlights are on? Mine does not. Nor does my seatbelt light if we do not have the seatbelts on.

Another thing I noticed......when I put my LED cab lights on, I lose all radio reception. My Cat wheel loader I run at the mine does the same thing.
Is there a solution to this?

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
Do you have an Owner’s Manual?

The “headlight” indicator on my RTV does not illuminate when headlights are on. I have understood that in some countries/localities dual-beam headlights are optional and that indicator on the “Easy-Checker” is a required “High Beam” indicator.
As for radio reception, sometimes the power-lead to your radio may need isolation from a common buss-bar. A ferrite-ring in the power-lead resolved that issue on one of my vehicles.

Last edited:

ItBmine

Yes, have the owners manual. It does not say anything about the headlight icon, but it does point out every other light function on that Easy Checker panel. So that leads me to believe that light icon is not enabled on this model (as that digital dash is used on other Kubota models.)
Just wanted to hear for sure from other owners that have one.

And I did do some research on the lights and radio reception this morning. I guess that is a common thing with cheaper LED lights.
They say the Rigid's do not interfere, not sure what brand is on my RTV, but it was whatever me dealer had in stock.

I'll just have to bring my satellite radio or USB when I ride at night, LOL

Reactions: Doc

geohorn

SUPER Site Supporter
I was checking my notes from my dealer and edited my previous re: headlight indicator. See above post.

ItBmine

OK thanks Geohorn. That makes sense. Just wanted to make sure a wire never got knocked off when they were installing all the other stuff.

Thanks again.

Bigorangething

Agree with geohorn on the radio Interference. Had the same problem on my RTV. Cheaper lights are not shielded. Ferries on Amazon are pretty cheap. Make sure to measure the O.D. of your cable before you order, and keep the ferries as close to the light as you can.