Under seat insulation

Slaw32

Yeah , sorry I didn't take more pictures of the process , but I can try to explain how I did it with the pictures I have . In the first picture look closely and you can see that I put dynamat down over all exposed metal and plastic . I used the original Matt as a pattern and i cut the dynaliner and the thick rubber Matt from that pattern . I used 3 m traction strips over the dynamat in the vertical surfaces . Look close and you can see that the foam dynaliner is on the floor only and the traction strips on the rest . In the second picture you can see the rubber Matt on the floor , the dynaliner is under that . Then look at vertical surfaces and that is where the traction strips were put over the top of the dynamat . Clear as mud??

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_073934568.jpg
    IMG_20210213_073934568.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210213_085713008.jpg
    IMG_20210213_085713008.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Slaw32

Here is a picture without the flash on . You can see the rubber Matt on the floor . By using the original Matt as a pattern I got a real good fit . The foam dynaliner is under that , the dynamat is under everything . Any surface that isn't covered by the floor Matt just got dynamat ,then traction strips over that .

Attachments

• IMG_20210216_095937650.jpg
    IMG_20210216_095937650.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 12

Slaw32

I drilled holes in my plastic tray and shot it full of foam. It helped.
You might want to take off this panel and look underneath it . It sits directly over the oil cooler radiator and the from part of the engine . Not sure where you 'shot' the foam , but hope you didn't fill the area with foam .

razerface

You might want to take off this panel and look underneath it . It sits directly over the oil cooler radiator and the from part of the engine . Not sure where you 'shot' the foam , but hope you didn't fill the area with foam .
You are kidding right? The tray is hollow,,or used to be before i filled it with foam.

Slaw32

Almost done , glad there are two shift knobs to replace , because two 8-balls are better than one

Attachments

• IMG_20210216_095819036.jpg
    IMG_20210216_095819036.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

Westfield

Slaw32
I think that guy has a little arrogance to him. I will try to answer your question. On the picture below I drew a red line on top of the Trey. Below that red line the tray is all Hollow. I believed he drilled some holes and filled out all up with expanding foam. Hope this helps. If I am wrong maybe he will come back and show us how he did it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210217-085601_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210217-085601_Samsung Internet.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12

razerface

Maybe I didn't understand where you put the foam . Where did you foam?
Slaw32
I think that guy has a little arrogance to him. I will try to answer your question. On the picture below I drew a red line on top of the Trey. Below that red line the tray is all Hollow. I believed he drilled some holes and filled out all up with expanding foam. Hope this helps. If I am wrong maybe he will come back and show us how he did it.
No I don’t have arrogance to me,,,,,,i said it in two different posts.,,,,,,” I drilled holes in the tray and filled it with foam”. You just said it again.

My tray looks different then the one in your pic.

Westfield

No I don’t have arrogance to me,,,,,,i said it in two different posts.,,,,,,” I drilled holes in the tray and filled it with foam”. You just said it again.

My tray looks different then the one in your pic.
Just trying to help the guy out. With no picks it's hard to understand what you were talking about. Some people including me need a little extra guidance on some things. Enough said time to move on. Oh I'm sorry for calling you arrogant. Now I feel like a piece of :poop:

HBTexas

Gold Site Supporter
I used similar peal and stick rubber membrane to sound deadin my cab worked great.
Also put some rubber back outdoor carpet in those trays under the seat .

Slaw32

I did find that the both the front and the rear skid pans must have been doing a lot of skidding . Really bent and deformed . The back one had a imprint of the engine oil pan on it . Needless to say there was a lot of metal to metal contact . I bought new skid pans , but before installing them I applied some dynamat in the places where the pans mounted and where there was metal to metal contact . This made a huge difference . Now the machine is very quiet and almost vibration free , almost .

Semper-Fi

I did find that the both the front and the rear skid pans must have been doing a lot of skidding . Really bent and deformed . The back one had a imprint of the engine oil pan on it . Needless to say there was a lot of metal to metal contact . I bought new skid pans , but before installing them I applied some dynamat in the places where the pans mounted and where there was metal to metal contact . This made a huge difference . Now the machine is very quiet and almost vibration free , almost .
Good advice. I am going to try doing the same as You. I will see if garden hose "washers" (installed btw frame & each pan attachment) will work.